Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify continously skips songs and tells me to import.

Spotify continously skips songs and tells me to import.

My spotify, whenever I press play on a playlist it just skips from one song to another without making a sound and then when I try to press a song to play it it tells me I have to import it for the song to be played.

6 Replies

Hey @Henrikportal461, welcome to the community!

To help you out with this, we'll need a bit more info.

What OS and Spotify version are you using? Also, does the same issue happen if you use the web player?

In the meantime, try reinstalling Spotify and let us know if it helps.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I am having the same issue on my laptop.  I uninstalled and reinstalled.  Version is 1.0.59.395.ge6ca9946

i am also having this problem, have unitstalled and reinstalled and no change. 

i am listening to the app on my laptop, selecting songs from my phone and it still does it  but when just listening on the phone it is fine. 

The exact same thing has been happening to me for days now. I have an HP Envy with Windows 10 Home, version 1709, OS Build 16299.64 (I'm not sure what this means or if it is relevant). I have tried logging out and back into Spotify, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program multiple times, and it still won't play any of my songs. Even the ones that *are* imported just say "can't play current song." On those songs, it doesn't automatically skip to the next one, but just silently fills the time bar. 

Spotify still works perfectly fine on my phone. 

Hey folks!

Thanks for sending over all this information.

We've recently started to roll out Spotify version 1.0.69. Let's make sure your desktop app is up to date before continuing to test this out.

If you've already updated to the latest version, but are still getting this error message, try reinstalling from scratch one more time.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

If anyone is having this problem (it occurs to me frequently), here's how I fix it...

1) Go to the little Windows/Cortana search bar in the bottom left corner of the taskbar mine has a circle then says "Type here to search"

2) Search for "Find and fix audio playback problems"

3) Run the troubleshooter. Make sure your device volume is up, otherwise it'll just say that's your problem.

4) It'll play a test sound but, if you have the same problem I do, it won't play. Say so and it'll run additional diagnostics

5) Eventually it'll have you restart your computer

6) When it starts back up, your problem should be fixed!

Best of luck, hope this helps!

Suggested posts