Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes my modem

Spotify crashes my modem

Hello spotify users,

I've a... strange problem.

When I log in spotify, my modem crashed instantantly.

I've verified, the problem is REALLY caused by spotify.

In fact, i've tried to log in on another computer, the modem crashes too.

And when i use internet normally, the modem doesn't crash.

I've cheched on google, i've nothing found.. (or maybe that https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/strange_problem_with_spotify)

My stuff :

ADSL Router : 

Zoom ADSL X6

Computers where i tried :

Both windows 7

Thanks in advance for you help, and sorry for my bad english ;D

3 Replies

Sounds like the modem can't handle the requests that are sent from the computer to the internet (spotify servers) or such. I'd say it's a firmware issue / settings issue. Routers logs or such get over crowded and then it crashes.

When the crash occures, what happens? Does the lights on the router stop flickering or do the lights go off or sort?

Could you give us a bit more information.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

this is happening in my house. when my wife runs the Spotify app on her Galaxy S7 or Windows 10 notebook, we all lose wifi and have to power cycle the router. Windows Diagnostics says no DNS. i can ping my DNS servers but no name resolution. We upgraded to Century Link fiber recently and have a new ZyXEL C1100Z modem. the last entry in the modem log before everyone loses DNS is some super long URL. i expect this is crashing the modem's DNS. here's an example resource requested by the Spotify Android app from the router log: r47x6r3phlf6yol7drbbigqt4lbftp4ucjdlzm2hgolxrknq.cdp5hrlao6alzbslzvtkh4goj5ymtfagdsdnaedreino6b5d.e4xdhv2clqzdaeupmvdganftdi4yq6

does anyone know what that address is and how/why the spotify app is requesting it?

EXACTLY the same problem I'm seeing!

I hadn't narrowed it down to Spotify causing the problem, but rather did some google searches for similar URLs and came across this post!

My url: mfro3lmed4yjatquhn5y4s4nsm6rvsrlqs2kd44csgjdrbdx.ruk4prywwy6kylr7lkcyaqcjsnf4izxflggvnoz7idvg7j5n.h6npj2x5446dgz43yvclhqavfuyk3n

Has anybody gotten to the bottom of this???

Suggested posts