Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

Solved!

Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

So I'm listening to a Radio, a song comes up that I want to add to a playlist, I click on teh album art and select add to playlist select the playlist then BAM music stops, dissapears. I'm rocking a W7 with plenty of memory (8core) NO reason for it to crash.

Also went to play Que to add the song Still crashes

If you can help it would be appreciated cause I'm getting angry.

[Edit - Title for clarity - Mod]

601 Replies

I also started having this problem a few days ago.

Mac OS X 10.7.5

Spotify 0.9.1.57

This bug has a huge impact on people's ability to use the program. It's easy to reproduce and so should be easy to debug. Please prioritize!

I'm having the same issues. When is this update being rolled out?

i too am having this problem

Same problem here.  OS X 10.8.4.  Annoying.

OS - Mac OSX 10.8.4

Spotify Version - 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

Problem - Reversed from original issue, I can delete 3-4 songs from a playlist and then it stops and crashes. I'm able to re-delete the file when I get back in right away just fine. 

Old thread ("Spotify randomly crashes when I delete a track in my playlists") is now locked and redirects here but I'm not sure if this is even the same issue..?

Old thread was about deleting tracks. While I'm occasionally having trouble adding tracks to playlists (not from Radio), the program is MOSTLY crashing when i try to delete a song from a playlist.

Any updates on this anyway?

Spoiler

I am having the same issue. When I add music to a playlist, Spotify crashes. I've experienced this problem many times. It usually happens more often when I am currently listening to the track that I add to the playlist. For example, when I try listening to a few new tracks, in the middle of the song is when I usually decide whether I like it or not. If I like it, I obviously add it to my playlist. This is the part where it crashes. Most of the time, I add the tracks from the artist's page.

I'm not sure where the problem is here. I know that my playlist has 130+ tracks, so maybe it's because it's too full? I don't know.

Either way it seems related to the playlist in some way whether adding songs or removing them.

Anybody to confirm that post about there being a fixed update?

I am having the same problem, it has been happening last 2-3 days. Whenever I add or remove a song from a playlist, Spotify often crashes. Here are my system specs:

Mac OS X 10.8.3

8 GB Memory

Macbook Pro Retina display, purchased new 2 months ago

I'm on Spotify free verison (not premium).

Thanks, hope this gets resolved quickly!

Just want to say that this has been happening to me as well.

Spotify Verson 0.9.1.57.ge7405149
OSX Version 10.8.4

Okay, this has to be fixed. Now.
This is not acceptable anymore at this point. I am basically paying for a software, that has no ability to perform a basic deletion operation and crashes in consequence.

I understand that it can take a few days to fix this, but the user patience is used up by now.

I just started to have problems when adding songs to the playlist from the Now Playing screen in the lower left hand corner.  Before I was just having the problem adding songs to play lists from the artists profile page.

I am no "Techie" but know a little about computers,  I am going to do a little research and check on a couple of theories I have. I will post back here with any results.

My theories are:

1) Programing - There maybe something in the programing that is causing this to happen. Whether it is a script/text error in the programming, a typo error in the programming, or some other type of programing related error.

2) Something is interfering with Spotify and causing it to act the way it is. Whether it is Anti-virus/Antimalware or some other security software.

3) A program such a Java or Adobe Flash, that Spotify relies on, may have some sort of incompatiblity or other type of problem that is causing the problem we are having.

Hi,

I am using a iMac running Mac OSX 10.8.5. and using spotify v. 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

Every time I drag a song from the online radio to a playlist the app crashes. If I restart the app it works normally again for 1 song to be dragged to a playlist, but then any further songs dragged to any playlist at all and it crashes and must be relaunched. There is no error message, just a crash and closing of the app.  This is a fresh install of spotify on a fresh install of OSX due to hard drive replacement.

Can this problem be fixed?

I have seen this problem too, running Spotify Version 0.9.1.57.ge7405149 on Windows 7 64-bit.

I can consistently reproduce this issue by copying the currently playing track to a different playlist and then skipping to the next track on the current playlist, before deleting the track that I have just copied as I no longer need it on the current playlist (because I just copied it to a different list instead).

Question for software developer? Has someone been naughty with pointers? Perhaps a pointer to an object is being copied instead of creating a new object and copying the whole object itself and consequently when delete is called for the copied pointer, *bang*. Never delete a pointer to memory that is still in use, right? All sorts of things could happen, such as your program might crash 🙂

Apologies if I am wrong but I have seen pointer problems causing crashes so often in my line of work that the first thing I would do to resolve this issue is look at what happens to the music track object when it gets copied to a different list. Hope it's not a red herring!

Would also love to know if this really is the cause of the issue.

Dragging songs from anywhere, Local Files, online Radio, my inbox. It all crashes spotify.
Running premium on a Win7 custom gaming PC, so no way it's that.
Pls halp

I've been having have the same or similar issue for a few days now: Spotify crashes when I edit a playlist (either deleting a track from the one I'm listening to or adding a track to another one). I'm using the latest version of Spotify (0.9.1.57) on Windows 7.

Spotify 0.9.1.57.ge7405149 with OS X 10.8.4 build 12E55. 

Same issue. Every time I delete a song from a playlist the whole stack of cards comes crashing down. 

Hi,

Spotify help suggests uninstall and reinstall Spotify. I had this problem, did a reinstall and now it's fine.

😉

No update yet. I just tried adding a track and Spotify did another faceplant like before.

Same issue for me.

Spotify Version - 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

When trying to drag a track to a playlist.

Suggested posts