Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

Regular

anyone know if the devs are actually doing anything about this?  i have been checking this thread for days for even a work around that helps and nothing has changed.  not looking for a work around.  looking for an update

Highlighted

Yup, I'm having the same thing happen when I try to drag and drop songs to playlist (MAC).

Highlighted

Just adding info in the hopes that Spotify looks into this:

When listening to a play list, and adding a song to that same play list, the Spotify application crashes.

This has been seen with both a mac OS and Windows machine.

This is seen by dragging and dropping, or by right clicking and choosing to add it to a playlist.

This is not seen everytime, but about 85% of the time, using songs from many different artists.

Please fix.

-Heeesh

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having this problem! Spotify crashes on both my work and home computer which are on Windows 7 when I add a track to a playlist. Hope this gets resolved soon!

Highlighted

Music Fan

It appears to me to be an issue with the latest client. I have Windows client version 0.9.1.57.ge7405149. Has anyone tried installing an older client to see if the crashes stop?  I've crashed well over 100 times on 2 different Windows 7 64 bit laptops as I have lots of playlists which I'm constantly tweaking. Spotify is very fast in releasing new features but it takes them forever to fix bugs which effective millions of users.

Highlighted

Spotify Legend

@jdengel

Indeed, our developers are looking into this and we hope to be able to push the fix out to everyone as early as next week. We're sorry about the pain this is causing and we'll hopefully have everyone sorted out before long.

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener

The following, as suggested in the troubleshooting thread, worked for me:

B. Troubleshooting / Uninstalling
Please follow the below troubleshooting steps to see if you can resolve the issue on your own 

1. Make sure that Spotify is no longer running (Spotify » Quit Spotify)
  2. Manually delete these folders:
    ~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.Client
    ~/Library/Application Support/Spotify
  3. Delete the Spotify application in the Applications folder
  4. Restart your computer at this point.
  5. Reinstall Spotify (download)

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Roadie

You hope to have it out "as early as next week"? Are you bloody kidding me? This needs to be fixed NOW.

- - -
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
- Jorge Luis Borges
Highlighted

Regular

It seems to me that Spotify owes its paying customers a refund for the days that this thing has been dysfunctional.    Perhaps if the software hadn't been loaded up with crap like telling me what I allegedlyy liked in high school this wouldn't have happened.  Spotify has the potential to be great.  It's being turned into junk.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

From what I've seen during my time as a customer Spotify doesn't add or fix any of the stuff the community wants. Taking forever to fix something, I've often been thinking about changing to another service...

SUGGESTED POSTS