Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify desktop app extremely buggy on launch.

Spotify desktop app extremely buggy on launch.

Not the only person to have this issue, my friends who use the Spotify app from the Microsoft Store on PC also have this issue.

When you try to launch Spotify it shows you the 3 dots on the upper left corner, and the Minimize, Restore and Close (X) buttons, and nothing else, the rest is black.

It never loads in the rest.

spotifybug.png

If you finally close it because it never loads in, it says "The Spotify application is not responding." upon launch.

To fix this you have to go to your task manager, look into the background processes, end the Spotify app task.

Then you launch the app again and HOPE it works that time and its kind of 50/50 if it does and it sometimes takes me up to 10 minutes to finally launch the app.

Oh, and also, sometimes even if the app launches, it's bugged and doesn't load in the songs in the playlist for example.

unknown (1).png

This is extremely annoying, irritating and time consuming.

PS: it isn't my pc's fault.

I have a very modern pc with very good parts so can't blame it on that.

PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY

2 Replies

Hello,

me also on windows 10 version 20h2. in my opinion to the RAM spotify lights up slowly. Spotify use to RAM available with the memory used.

from time to time empty the spotify cache and optimizes the computer's drives.

for verified if spotify is slow  you have to look into the stain manager.

give me a like  and the click if  the problem is solved 

Hey @K-OTIK, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try this with the non Windows Store version?

It's faster than the Windows Store version of the app, at least that's my experience with it has been since I switched.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Suggested posts