Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify desktop app on Windows is unstable

Spotify desktop app on Windows is unstable

The spotify app keeps being unresponsive about once per day. I open it and it's frozen, so I close it and then can't open it again, it says "The spotify application is not responding" no matter how many times I try.

The only solution to this problem is to go the Programs list, find spotify and click on terminate, and then on repair, after that it's able to start correctly

This issue really happens to me every day and this is cumbersome

The app was downloaded from the microsoft store

3 Replies

Hey there @tofandel,

Thank you for posting in the Community!

Crashing of the app on a daily basis is indeed an unpleasant user experience. This might be cause by corrupted cached data on your device. In such situations it's worthwhile to perform a clean reinstall of the app, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached info can cause interference. 

Also, you can try and download a version of the app from our official download page, instead of the Microsoft Store, to see if it'll preform without crashes and as expected.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

After disabling Hardware Acceleration the issue disappeared, so something wrong in this area

tofandel_0-1651504956174.png

Hey again @tofandel,

Thanks for letting us know about the solution you've found. 

We're glad that the crashes have stopped, when deselecting this option from your Settings>View menu. This is a valid troubleshooting step that we were also going to suggest to you. But it's great that you've speeded things up and did this on your own. And now we hope that Spotify's performance is going to remain stable and smooth for your PC. Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any upcoming fixes or new features. 

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions. Have a good day and stay safe!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts