Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify desktop app will not launch

Spotify desktop app will not launch

Premium - US - computer - windows 10

Spotify app on my computer will not launch. I have reinstalled and deleted several times. When I attempt to launch Spotify, I briefly see the spinning disc then nothing happens. 

I have downloaded the app file from Spotify site, and then I downloaded file from Microsoft store and neither worked after installation.

Help appreciated, thanks.

Greg

4 Replies

Hey there @gscorp

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

We suggest you first locate this folder in the Windows Explorer on your PC and delete it: \AppData\Roaming\Spotify. 

Then you need to remove the desktop app and reinstall it once again.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have more questions.

Hi Guido - Thanks a lot for helping me.

There wasn't that file you mentioned I delete - AppData\Roaming\Spotify

I did a search for "Spotify" and did not see anything in the "Roaming" folder.

These were the only files I could find in the AppData folder. They were in four different "States" (see attached capture image):

C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Local\Packages\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0

Should I delete this one?

Thanks!

Spotify file capture.jpg

I have the same problem, just with Mac. After updating to Catalina I have not been able to launch the Spotify app. I'm having to use the web player. I prefer the user experience of the desktop app one thousand times more than the chrome version. 

Hey @gscorp,

Thanks for reaching back out.

If you're still experiencing this issue, do you mind performing a clean reinstall of the app following the relevant steps for your device listed in this Spotify Answer?

If that doesn't work, could you try the following to see if the issue still presents itself:

• reset your network or switch to another one?

Thanks - let us know how you get on!

@-xxg_8gsionk - thanks for posting here!

Since the issue in this thread relates to the desktop app for Windows, do you mind checking out the Mac help board here first?

If you don't find a thread that's relevant to your issue, feel free to create a new one in the same board.

Thanks!

Suggested posts