Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify drops connection on and off, Mac and PC.

Spotify drops connection on and off, Mac and PC.

Plan

Premium

Country Sweden

Device

(iPhone 12, Windows desktop, Macbook Air, Macbook Pro 2012)

Operating System

(Windows 10, OSX Big Sur)

My Question or Issue

I don't know if this problem occurs regularly with others, but every time I listen to Spotify for some time on either desktop/laptop I always start to disconnects and get error code 4. 

I'm still able to change song even though I don't have any downloads, and connections is established on and off. This continues until I restart the program.  This error is regarding both operating systems and on different networks and with both wire and Wlan connection. 

Also by checking task manager on windows it's visible that there have been duplications created of the application, see attached, these increase with time and is NOT duplicated by opening Spotify again. 

spotify.PNG
1 Reply

Hey @Pontan952,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this.

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall on your PCs to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, we recommend trying to remove any entries containing Spotify from your Host files. Follow the instructions from this Spotify Answer.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts