Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify erratically starts and changes songs

Spotify erratically starts and changes songs

I use Spotify a lot, but lately it's bugging out by changing songs, playlists or actually start playing in the middle of the night. Happens regardless of device but only when connected to my account - the teenager has no problems despite using same setup of devices. (Swedish account, Android phone, iPad, windows 10 and Sonos)

Imagine working and listening to deep focus music when suddenly Spotify decides you should listen to drill beats... (I hate drill beats, it's not on any playlist or favourite of mine).

I want my Spotify back. Anyone with any ideas or resolutions?

2 Replies

Wow, this sounds well annoying, but also very peculiar.

How many devices have access to your spotify?

Try signing out everywhere and signing back in. You can do this by signing in to your account on the spotify website and in your 'account overview' section, click 'sign out everywhere'
While you are at it, click 'Apps' on the sidebar and check that you recognise all the apps in there. Revoke access to anything that you dont recognise.

Let us know if this helped.

Thanks - but I tried that before and didn't help. What did help (so far, keeping fingers crossed) was changing my Spotify pw as another user under Ongoing Issues suggested.

Suggested posts