Premium

Country

United Arab Emirates

Device

Dell Laptop (also an S10)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I play a song/change the spotify volume half of the time it takes quite some time to respond to my actions (upwards oh 20 seconds), this is definately not a Wi-Fi issue because I have a 100 mbps Wi-Fi speed. And this is not a RAM issue (I have 12GB) and I never find it 100% used on the task manager. I have already tried clearing Spotify's cache, turning off 'Hardware Acceleration', and switching between Spotify on the windows store and Spotify on the native installer. Now I suspect this has something to do with Spotify connect because at the time when the problem started I connected my phone to Spotify but I also just formatted my computer at the time, another idea is that because I am using a dorm's Wi-Fi there are about 40 devices in Spotify Connect I think this might make it so that spotify has to sync my music between all the devices (not sure though). Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No that's not the problem I have. My Spotify didn't use any RAM/CPU space, the problem was that Spotify itself was slow to respond to actions. I figured out the problem was AdGaurd (it blocks ads by blocking connections to ad servers) I just whitelisted Spotify from AdGaurd.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey there @eliasbenb

thanks for posting !

I think you're pointing out the issue yourself.

Any network that has more than 2-3 devices connected at the same time may cause softwares of all kinds to perform slower than usual.

A good test would be checking out the app first on a different device then on a different network.

This way you'll be able to point out the issue by yourself.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

I have exactly the same problem and they are not giving any solution but 

Reinstall

Clear C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Spotify

after reboot it will going back again

Are you by any chance using Nvidia?

"Any network that has more than 2-3 devices connected at the same time may cause softwares of all kinds to perform slower than usual."

@onebyboo are you living in 90s with old dialup modem?? nonsense 

As I already mentioned I'm using a dorm's Wi-Fi so there aren't many devices connected to my personal router but there are hundreds of routers all going to a server somewhere in the college, and the speed of the Wi-Fi is 100 mbps but realistically goes down to about 60 mbps even with that Wi-Fi should easily be able to handle 2-3 devices! It's 2019.

As for trying it on a different device on a different network I have done that with my phone, it works perfectally well on a different network and the same dorm network.

As I have mentrioned "I have already tried clearing Spotify's cache".

Spotify developer is doesn't care about our problem, even an old 2018 bug G-Sync lag still exists until today, tired of Spotify.

Hey @eliasbenb,

thanks for the update !

If your Spotify account works on a different device with a different network it emphasizes the fact its an issue within your dorms network.

Have you tried asking around other users if they're experiencing the same issues ?

Like I CLEARLY said "As for trying it on a different device on a different network I have done that with my phone, it works perfectally well on a different network and the same dorm network." The problem isn't my network like I said THREE different times, it works fine on the same network on a different device.

hahaha I feel ya

Get mobile lol 

Hope it helps,(press accept as solution) XKS__Music

**bleep**

i'm having the same issue, a chk into task mgr, spotify were at top in the list of disk utilization and second in memory. i'm now trying w hardware acceleration off, hope it works. but past few days were nightmare, every click in spotify slowed down the whole pc, and sometimes hung so long that i have to forced shutdown.
Marked as solution

No that's not the problem I have. My Spotify didn't use any RAM/CPU space, the problem was that Spotify itself was slow to respond to actions. I figured out the problem was AdGaurd (it blocks ads by blocking connections to ad servers) I just whitelisted Spotify from AdGaurd.

**bleep**! Thank you dude, it really helps, I deleted adguard and spotify started working really faster.

Suggested posts