Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify feed not appearing on Facebook

Spotify feed not appearing on Facebook

Hi,

I seem to be facing a quite bizarre problem here.

I used Spotify today after a period of 3 weeks. The songs were streaming perfectly fine on the desktop app.

However, 

i) The friend activity feed seemed to have disappeared. I could only see recommendations of friends to "follow" on the top right-hand side.

ii) None of the songs played showed on my Facebook timeline, as they used to.

I went through several topics on this community, looking for a solution. I tried:

a) removing the app from my Facebook, and adding it again

b) doing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on my PC

c) checking and unchecking the "Share on Spotify Social" and "Share on Facebook" boxes in the app

d) installing an older version - 0.8.3.222 - which solved one problem: the friend activity feed was back on the app. But, it still wasn't posting the tracks played on to my Facebook timeline or my Activity Log or the Spotify section box.

e) a combination of a, b, and c (solution providers would know what I'm talking about) - to no avail!

I've tried to be as comprehensive as possible about this whole ordeal. Could someone please, please, please help me sort this out? Please.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I am using Windows Vista OS, the latest version of Spotify (well, it automatically updated to the newest one from 0.8.3.222), and my location is USA.

26 Replies

i have the  second problem.. My spotify activities are shown in my recent activities of facebook but no nothing is shown in  the spotify app page ie

www.facebook.com/USERNAME/app_174829003346.

Help me peter!!

I don't want to beat on a dead horse...but I will like to share that I am feeding all my songs into Facebook by scrobbling thru lastfm.com same feeding regardless I listen from Spotify or Lastfm.com....aweeeeeee

So, has anyone found a solution to this. None of my music played in Spotify (Premium) appears on my Timeline feed!

Why does it matter? Why do you want all your friends to see what you are listening to?

This problem is happening again. under where it say where you are from and what school you went to, it used to show what your friends who has spotify listened to. Now it does not. I use to be able to put my curse on the name of a person and it would show. Now that doesn't work either. Please Please spotify or facebook fix this. I am begging you. It would mean the world to me!!!!!! 

plz delete this comment.

@yumyum wrote:

Why does it matter? Why do you want all your friends to see what you are listening to?

It makes me feel sort of like a DJ to my friends.

Suggested posts