Country

United States

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello,

One of my friends is experiencing a problem where whenever they open their desktop Spotify app (both window 10 store and downloaded from spotify), they see the web version of the app (different UI, darker colors, etc). When the go to File > Help > About Spotify they see their version number as "1.1.52.687.gf5565fe5-a" versus mine of "1.1.52.687.gf5565fe5". This has led me to suspect that they are for some reason getting the web player of spotify instead of the normal desktop version. This has caused numerous bugs, such as sorting not working properly, and often lags out/is much slower then expected. They have reinstalled spotify numerous times, including full clean reinstall, but this problem keeps coming back. Any idea on how to fix this?

1 Reply

Hey there @IonImpulse,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to give information about this.

The version (1.1.52.687.gf5565fe5-a) is our new desktop experience. If your friend wants to leave any feedback they can do it in this thread. 

We hope this was helpful. If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts