Spotify for Windows not playing

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Operating System

Windows 7 (fully updated)

My Question or Issue

Spotify for Windows doesn't play. I can click on links and musics, but it doesn't show anything other than this black screen, and keeps stuck on 0:00.

However I can control the music of another device from the windows app if I was playing on that device before AND haven't tried to change the Spotify Connect back to "this PC".

Tried to reboot pc, reinstall spotify, clear cache, update windows, and many other things listed in the topics, but nothing solved it.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png
1 Reply

Hey @Landel,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community and welcome. 

You mentioned you already tried reinstalling Spotify to tackle this, but have you also tried a “clean” reinstall? 

If you haven't, check this Spotify Answer to find out how that works for your device and operating system. It'll provide you with a brand-new as well as the most up-to-date version of the app.

It'd also be good to consider that support for Windows 7 officially ended on January 14, 2020 and that the software updates for that version of Windows did the same. Windows also suggests to update to Windows 10 in order to avoid various complications. You'll find all the info regarding this here

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts