Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify free issues

Solved!

Spotify free issues

OK.

Ive been using Spotify free for a while now on windows 10 in the UK.  Last couple of days, I can't get it to work.  The songs I want to play are available, I have tried turning off hardware acceleration, cross fade and everything else Ive seen in people's solutions to this problem.  I do not get a blue bar at the top of the screen saying that the song is unavailable - its like the spotify client just won't connect to the song I want to play.  Looked at various network settings in services.msc, tried turning them on and off, restarting the computer, signing in and out of and restarting Spotify free, all to no avail.I tried to stop it updating, in case that was a problem - there is no update file created in Appdata.

The only way I can get it to work is by reinstalling it every time I want to use it, and even when I change albums it can stop working.  Is there anyone who has had this problem on the free service and has found a solution to it?  

Cheers in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Feenix2 

I would suggest checking your hosts file - I have seen it cause similar issues before.

Check out this Answer article on how to. 🙂

Note: the article is for the web player, but that file can affect both that and the desktop client.

Let me know how you get on!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Feenix2 

I would suggest checking your hosts file - I have seen it cause similar issues before.

Check out this Answer article on how to. 🙂

Note: the article is for the web player, but that file can affect both that and the desktop client.

Let me know how you get on!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem with my spotify free desktop version on my windows 10

I have presenting this problem for a month ago ans still nothinig to solved it. I don't know what happening.

I will give this a go, thankyou.  I downloaded the App yesterday and while it didnt work, after I reinstalled the executable its working now.  I can only imagine that there was something in the App that solved the problem.

Cheers, Sebasty

Hey Sebasty.

Gave your solution a go, didnt work.  Interesting name - I come from a little town called Sebastopol in Wales!  Small world.

Anyway, cheers for the idea, was a good one - just didnt work in this instance.  

Feenix

Ah!  It did in fact work in conjunction with disabling hardware acceleration!

Cheers, man.

Feenix

Suggested posts