Spotify installer does nothing when started

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, I would like to get help from the community. Recently I had some update issues with the Spotify app, so I decided to reinstall it.

Once I uninstalled the original app, I downloaded the installer file from the official Spotify page. But when I start it, it only asks for permissions which I allow and stops working. No new window opened, or process in the manager. Just nothing.

I tried the offline installer but it installs some weird version of Spotify with weird look. I guess it's some old version but there is no way to update it. I scanned both install files with antivirus and nothing was found.

Also I tried to move the installer to C:\ and start it. Window appeared with download progress and than again nothing else happened. 

Web player works though, but I prefer to use the app.

Edit: I tried to run the CCleaner to remove old registry, tried to go to /local/ and /roaming/ spotify folders, deleted what was left, nothing. My username thought contains special letter from non english alphabet.

20 Replies
Marked as solution

Well nobody got me any notification but it looks like they have fixed it.

I just tried to download the regular online installer from their page and Spotify got downloaded and installed normally. No admin permission, no C:/ folder. Looks normal, I tried to play and download some music. Will update you about the update once some arrives.

Just click and install. As easy as before.

Suggested posts