Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify maximized window issue on Windows 10 April update Build 17134.1!

Solved!

Spotify maximized window issue on Windows 10 April update Build 17134.1!

Hello,

When using Spotify on Windows 10 April 2018 update build 17134.1 or even Redstone 5 builds every second time you click the maximize middle button on spotify it is not completely going into a maximized window! And you can actually see that the very top of spotify is not fully maximized and the bottom of Spotify is cut off below the bottom taskbar as well.

I notice this seems to only happen with software that use non standard UI like Spotify and other programs I use like eM Client, iTunes and Bandicut.

Something changed in April 2018 update and remains in Redstone 5 builds. You can see for yourself by running Windows 10 April update or Redstone 5 builds. And install either Spotify, iTunes, eM Client or Bandicut. And to see the bug keep clicking on the maximized button on any of these programs and you will see that every other time you make them maximized it is not fully maximized and looks strange.

P.S. This does not happen at all with any Windows 10 builds before April 2018 update!!!

Who needs to fix this issue you guys or Microsoft?

1.jpg
31 Replies

Happy to report that the most recent Windows update pushed out on July 24th (Build: 17134.191) resolves this issue for Spotify and other applications experiencing similar border issues.

Hmm.

But when I close Spotify to the tray and open it again it the window size is still broken.

001.jpg

Same bug here : I film it :

ApplicationFrameHost_2018-08-04_21-52-31.pngOn windos 10, the problem haven't been fixed yet, another thing is the keyboard shortcut Alt+spacebar, it doesn't work.

It has been fixed, update to the newest Windows 10 stable build 17134.191

Hmm...

Unbenannt.jpg

Still not fixed. And now it looks like this.

Clipboard 1.jpg

I dunno. It has been fixed for a long time for me.

Fixed for me on both PCs (desktop and laptop on Win 10 x64 1809)

thanks

link fixed it for me

the fix is: enable compatibility mode for spotify (I used windows 7)

the reason: apps based in chromium (like spotify) suffer from this issue since quite some time now

Marked as solution

Compatibility mode isn't a long term solution. This problem has been fixed for me since the 17134.191 build, but it seems people are still having problems. The October Update 1809 was out for a little bit until Microsoft found out about people's personal files being deleted after upgrading, so they have pulled it for now. blacklord049 said the bug has been fixed for him on 1809 (he got the update when it was still out), so I think this issue should be completely fixed for everyone once the new update gets rolled out again. 

Suggested posts