Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Window does not maximize properly

Spotify Window does not maximize properly

When maximizing the Spotifiy window its content does not maximize properly to the rest of the screen.

When I'm using spotify in a window it is working until a certain kind of resolution. (which is not known)

I'm using a resolution of 2560x1440 on my primary screen. It is working fine on a full HD resolution, on my second screen.

Please see screenshots attached. OS is Windows 10.

Spotify Bug.PNG
Spotify Maximize.PNG
Spotify Window.PNG
7 Replies

I have the exact same problem. I'm using a 2560x1440 monitor on Windows 10 64 Bit.

spotify_broken.PNG

Me too! Halp! 

2017-11-17 11_17_49-Andrei Krylov - Knights of Teutonic Order Marching to Heaven Over Jerusalem.png

having the same issue using two monitors one 1080p other 1440, its so annnoying cant fullscreeen. DATE 11/17/2017....spotify please fix.

Hi there, 

I had the same Problem, I have one 1440 and one 1080 Monitor, and the 1080 let me maximize the window perfectly fine, but on the 1440 Monitor I have the same Issue as you all have. Since I usually use Spotify with my 2nd Monitor (1080) the last Position when I restart is my 2nd Monitor. 
So to fix the Issue I maximized Spotify on my 1440 Monitor and restarted the PC. After the Restart Spotify opened perfect on both Monitors. 
I don't know wheter it will work for you, or if it just works for me, but I recommend trying to maximize Spotify (even if it looks dumb) and then restarting. 
good luck guys!

You don't have to reboot your PC. Just maximize Spotify on whichever monitor you wish and then restart Spotify. For some reason, upon startup, Spotify locks to the maximum resolution of the monitor it starts on. I have a 1920x1080 and 1600x1200 monitors.

* If Spotify starts at the first (1080p) monitor, then the bottom part of the application window is transparent if I move it to the second one.

If Spotify starts at the second (1200p) monitor, then the right-hand part of the application window is transparent if I move it to the first one.

This bug first appeared after I upgraded Win10 to the creators update. So, the current version of Spotify isn't fully compatible with that.

Hope they would fix this... but then, that goes for about a dozen other bugs Spotify desktop client has. And has had for a loooooooooong time.

This works. Thank you for the help.

Yeah, but it's not the solution. The solution is that Spotify fixes their broken desktop client. And they don't even read this forum. The only thing people can do is spam their twitter account @Spotify. They sometimes read that. Include a link to this thread.

Suggested posts