Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify mutes itself on bluetooth when audio in any other player is paused or stopped.

Solved!

Spotify mutes itself on bluetooth when audio in any other player is paused or stopped.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

US

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Issue

While playing Spotify over bluetooth, if I start playing any player with audio, Spotify mutes itself when I pause the other player, or when the audio in that player ends. For example, Spotify is playing in the background, and I start playing a Youtube video; when the video ends, Spotify is muted. It continues playing silently, unless I start playing the video again (or play another one) at which point it continues in the background until another pause. The same thing happens with Facebook videos, Vimeo, v.reddit clips, anything that has sound. As long as the clip is playing, Spotify plays, and when it stops, Spotify mutes. This only happens on bluetooth, and so far the only work around I have found is that if I change my audio source back to my laptop, Spotify is no longer muted, and I can change it back to my bluetooth speaker and continue listening...unless I want to watch another video of any kind. It also still happens if I pause Spotify before pressing play on the other video. My bluetooth speaker is an Amazon Tap.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @daftPirate,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind performing a clean reinstall with your Windows 10 so as to delete any traces of your current Spotify setup and then be able to install the app from scratch?

Let us know how you get on. We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @daftPirate,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind performing a clean reinstall with your Windows 10 so as to delete any traces of your current Spotify setup and then be able to install the app from scratch?

Let us know how you get on. We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too!

Mario Moderator

That seems to have sorted it out. Thanks!

Hey @daftPirate,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad to hear that the suggestions were helpful 🙂 

Don't hesitate to get in touch if there's anything else we can help with. 

Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts