Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not continuing last playing song after shutdown

Spotify not continuing last playing song after shutdown

So.

If I open Spotify after turning my computer off and turning it back on, it will ALWAYS not have a song already saved in the playing area even if when I turned my computer off the first time, I had a song playing. 

Basically, if I opened Spotify and started playing a song in a playlist, then paused it, then turned my computer off, and then turned my computer back on and opened Spotify, it wouldn't save my progress on what song I was playing and would act like there was no song playing in the first place.

HOW DO I FIX THIS 😞

It's frustrating having to go all the way back through a playlist to find the song I was playing and go to the place I left off at in the song. 

7 Replies

Hey @iiKyodaiKickz!

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

This information is saved to your device's cache memory, so it might not always be accurate. Specially if your computer is turned off for extended periods of time.

However, let's try reinstalling Spotify to see if it helps.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Thanks for the suggestions but this has made the problem even worse. I reinstalled it and the problem continues where it does not continue the song I was last playing. AND now, it resets the volume to max

That's odd!

Are you able to use a different device to see if it behaves the same? Also, try running Spotify as the administrator a few times to see how it goes.

Keep me in the loop.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I have no other devices to use (don't own a smartphone or other pc) and this PC was a gift so I don't know my computer's administrator password, which is annoying. I'll see about running it as an admin soon

So I ran it as administrator. Hasn't seemed to do anything at all. Any other suggestions?

I've been having the same issue unless I close spotify before shutting down. Try doing that! Still, super annoying that I have to do that.

This happenes to me every time both on Windows 7 and Windows 10 (with Admin account). I also noticed the Spotify crashes sometimes when it's being closed during system shutdown (on Windows 7).

Suggested posts