Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not letting me loop one song

Solved!

Spotify not letting me loop one song

Plan

Free

Country

Belgium

Device

Opera GX Player

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So. I like to listen to the exact same song, on repeat, for hours on end while I do stuff. Sometimes a certain song just really scratches that mental itch ya know?
Problem is, spotify refuses to let me loop the same song.
If it's part of a playlist or album, it'll play the whole thing even after I delete it from the waitlist entirely.
If I put it in a playlist on it's own, spotify insists on adding more tracks.

Please, spotify. I just want caramelldansen for 6 hours. That's all I want.

I like that Opera GX has a built in player because it means I don't have to keep an extra tab open. Do I really need to stay with youtube for this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SpaceLaserCat,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

As you've mentioned you're using a free account without a Premium subscription, the described behavior seems expected.

An account without a Premium subscription has certain limitations on the number of tracks played on demand, number of skips and minimum number of songs in a playlist.

You can find out more about the differences between the subscription types here.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @SpaceLaserCat,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

As you've mentioned you're using a free account without a Premium subscription, the described behavior seems expected.

An account without a Premium subscription has certain limitations on the number of tracks played on demand, number of skips and minimum number of songs in a playlist.

You can find out more about the differences between the subscription types here.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I know you don't have any power over this so this anger isn't directed at you, but I find it extremely frustrating that spotify is SO intent on making their app so difficult to use for free users. The restrictions they put on us are**bleep**.

Thank you for your answer

What do I do if I'm only 11 but still wanna listen to the same song on loop and can't get a premium subscription 

Hey @VannyandGlitch,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Be advised, that there're minimal age requirements to use the Spotify service. You'll need to check the ones applicable for your region in your terms and conditions. If you'd like to sign up, you need to be over that age when you create an account. 

We also have Spotify Kids app and it's is available in certain countries. This app has extended parental control features to allow minors to enjoy musical content as well.

More info about Spotify Kids can be found in this support article. 

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts