Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on windows 10 keeps playing random tracks after listening to anything for about 1 minute

Solved!

Spotify on windows 10 keeps playing random tracks after listening to anything for about 1 minute

Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

Operating System

Windows 10 (not the windows store app)

My Question or Issue

This has happened after I listened to my "tastebreakers" playlist. Basically after i'm playing any song, after about 1 minute the track skips to another track that i haven't ever played of heard of. This also happens when I have my music paused. After about one minute, a random track that i have never listened to or saved to my library starts playing.

I have tried restarting the app and it does the same. It's pretty inconvenient.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @edgebigfan, help's here.

We first suggest that your reinstall the app with the steps provided here

If that doesn't work, your account may be used somewhere where you haven't logged out. To be sure, reset your password and go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

Let us know how it goes! 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @edgebigfan, help's here.

We first suggest that your reinstall the app with the steps provided here

If that doesn't work, your account may be used somewhere where you haven't logged out. To be sure, reset your password and go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

Let us know how it goes! 

it worked! thank you

Hey @edgebigfan,

Glad to hear it worked out. Hope you have an awesome Spotify experience, and let us know if there's anything else.

All the best! 🙂

This is happening to me.  I can listen to a song for about 25 seconds then it plays a random song from a genre that I am not listening to and plays that instead.  It will also start playing a random song if I leave the app (or window open).  It is happening on my Samsun Galaxy S10 as well as my PC (Windows 10 - Chrome browser).  I tried to attached a 21 second video of me listening to Band of Horses and it switches to a random song, but it says I do not have permission to upload video

I reinstalled on my phone.  I logged out of all accounts.  I changed my FB password and relogged in.  Please help this is very frustrating.

Hey @aparsells1,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

We'd suggest you give these steps a go in order to protect your account. If the issue persists, you can also try these additional steps. In the article there is also information about how to remove the access of third party apps.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Try talking with spotify support to have them unlink your facebook account from your spotify account, that worked for me.

I did all that in this order.

Removed all 3rd party apps (except sonos)

Changed password

Logged out of everywhere

Uninstalled

Reinstalled

Got upset

Created support post

Also, see that picture of me in my profile pic? I've never seen that pic before. Is it a stock photo?

Hi @aparsells1

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you're still having this issue, we'd recommend reaching out to our Support team here. They'll be happy to continue with the help and take a look at your account.

They can also make any necessary changes to avoid this from happening further.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts