Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify plays songs very late and revinding and forwarding is also slow

Solved!

Spotify plays songs very late and revinding and forwarding is also slow

Hello.

After updating Spotify I have following problem:

Songs are sometimes played lately after pressing play button and same is with fast forward or revind, It is very slow. I must sometimes wayt one time to again revind or forward. I don't know, if You understand My English and if You have same problems please, give like to this post.

Thank You.

MarcoNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello.

So, now I works also good two or three days ago.

But I have done many re-installations and such things on both devices (on desktop and My smartphone).

Maybe It was problem of My account maybe, because I have a good internet connection.

Everything works good, but really I don't know, what was the problem.

Note: For web player It works also good and also, It is not slower anymore on My Android, as It was couple months ago. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi @Noguri,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if this slowing down is happening on all your devices - phone, laptop etc. or is it on a specific one.

It would be great if you include the version of your Spotify app with your reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello.

I am using newest version of Spotify.

This problem is not only in My computer, but also on My Android.

I can't try web player, because there aren't any shortcut keys and I
can't use mouse, I am blind.

I don't know, that if after last fryday spotify has been updated, or no.

Hi again @Noguri,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you try logging out from your account, restarting your devices, and logging back in? If that doesn't work, try running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. If your computer is running Windows, we also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have tried both things.

I have feeling, that I have repeated It again and again. I have done
everything, as You have sent It to me and problem is still here.

But, My patience is out.

Please, delete My Spotify accounts, not just from Spotify, but also from
Spotify community.

I don't know, if You are real people, or just bots, because You repeat
to me those things many times. I have did It I repeate It, like parrot.

Hi.

Now suddenly It works again good on My desktop after today's re-installation, but I have still this problem on My Android, althought I did everything, what is in this guide, on which You have send a link.

I have done It many times.

Hey @Noguri,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

No worries, we're all real people here and we're just trying to help. We suggest those basic troubleshooting steps at first as they're the most general ones and they fix most issues. When an issue persists, then we start asking for more info to try and narrow down what might be the root cause of it and take actions over that, just keep in mind that it may depend on many different factors that we can't always replicate on our end, like specific setups, devices, network environments, etc.

You can try logging out from your account on your Android device, restarting it, and logging back in. Also, make sure that there aren't any battery optimization settings enabled for Spotify within your phone's settings.

If the issue persists, let us know if it also happens when using a different connection, like mobile data, another WiFi connection, and also while the Offline mode is enabled. This would help us understand if maybe this is network-related.

On another note, if you'd like to close your Spotify account, you just need to follow the steps in this article.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Marked as solution

Hello.

So, now I works also good two or three days ago.

But I have done many re-installations and such things on both devices (on desktop and My smartphone).

Maybe It was problem of My account maybe, because I have a good internet connection.

Everything works good, but really I don't know, what was the problem.

Note: For web player It works also good and also, It is not slower anymore on My Android, as It was couple months ago. 🙂

Suggested posts