Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Playback scrubber when window shrunk

[Desktop] Playback scrubber when window shrunk

When the Spotify window is full screen, the playback scrubber shows up as expected.

However, I shrink the window vertically. The playback scrubber now disappears.

This used to work in an older version.

3 Replies

Hey there @jacoballen4534,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂 Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. 

We tested this from our end but couldn't replicate the issue you mention. In this case, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send over a video or a screenshot where we can take a better look at this issue? You can attach them to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos or Insert Video options in the post editor, just make sure to exclude any personal info.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Novy,

I have attached two images.

(large-spotify) shows the playback scrubber as expected.

(small-spotify) is when I verticly shrink the app, the play button stays, but there is no playback scrubber.

As I mentioned, this used to show in an older version of the spotify app, however, I have been forced onto a new version.

Putting ui.experience_override="classic" in the configurations prefs used to force it back to the classic version, however this no longer works.

Please... either add the playback scrubber back when the app is shrunk, or allow us to use the older versions of the app.

Just a side note, If someone goes to the trouble of forcing their configuration to "classic", it normally means they want the classic version (and doesn't care about updates or patches)

Kind regards

small-spotify.png
large-spotify.png

Hey again @jacoballen4534,

Thanks for your reply and the screenshots.

We have investigated the issue you describe further, but could not reproduce the faulty behavior on our end. The progress bar for the playback pops up as expected, when the window is being resized.

Can we ask you which version of the Desktop app you currently have on?  Doing the clean reinstall, as @Novy suggested will most probably resolve the situation if you give it a go.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts