Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify quits by itself every time I open it.

Spotify quits by itself every time I open it.

My spotify quits after 3 seconds every time I open it both on my computer (windows) and on my iPhone. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled the program on both devices and the same problem still happens. I got the Spotify Premium and it has always worked as it is supposed to before this. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS?!... I do not intend to pay for this if it doesn't work..

59 Replies

Do you have a lot of local files imported into Spotify? The local file scanning process has also been known to cause extreme lag.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have this problem on Mac OSX none of the solutions have worked.  Im on the latest version of spotify.  Spotify please fix.  

Hi all,

I started having this issue for the last 2 days when suddenly the Artists page, browse, and discover stopped loading.

I am using a Windows 8 and have been a Premium member for the last 4 years.

I have tried couple of solutions mentioned here but it doesnt seem to help.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rohit

Hi there,

For Mac users:

I was having the same issue: Browse, Radio and search functions were not working. I have solved it by delelting the cache. Go to Preferences > Cache and browse to the following path: /Users/xxxx/Library/Caches (you won't normally be able to this through the Finder as the user/Library folder is hidden by default). Right-click (ctrl-click) the com.spotify.client folder and move it to trash. Restart the application and the functions should be working again. It worked for me.

fixed my problem, thanks heaps mate

Great this worked for me 🙂 thank you 

The problem comes and goes for me. Can't say when it started but no settings/app within Spotify was changed by me before it went buggy.

No local files

No facebook connections

2 app - Last.fm + We are hunted

Following one Artist that doesn't seem to be active any more ( Eylyyeuqels)  -Removed this and will get back if this solved it.

How to solve it in Win 8.1 (probably work on all windows versions)

Navigate to:

C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Local

Delete folder: Spotify

Nothing seems to be lost for me except the bug for not starting...

If you are lucky, as me, it works when you are starting Spotify.

Really annoying bug and this is one of many bugs in the last year that I have noticed that has made me concider jumping ships.

Turning off Hardware acceleration worked!  (and running from command line)Why did work with hardware acceleration up to this point?

Dear peter, i've tried opening spotify as you mentioned, however it still opens up a black screen. please help.

I have unintstalled and reinstalled 5 times now and tried this suggested fix. I am getting irritated at this point. How do you fix this?

Hi Peter,

this isn't working for me. Is there another chance to get rid off the black screen? Thanks in advance 🙂 Eva

I have tried this multiple times and it does still not work. Last time, it said something about a graphics card being disabled? I usually get it to work by reinstalling it in safe mode, but I would like it to work everytime I turn my computer on 😕

Same for me... I contacted the German support and it is very frustrating - no answer helped me. Then they said: plz wait for the next update. What a bull**bleep**! Thinking about quitting my subsription, because this is ridiculous!

still no luck

Have you tried restarting your computer?

Hey, for some reason this is not working for me. I still have the Dark Green Screen. It used to work for me all the time, but now all of a sudden it doesn't.

What if I have a mac? How do I solve this problem? Every time spotify opens my entire computer freezes and I'm forced to manually turn off and turn on my computer. I haven't used Spotify in months since 😞  I've tried everything outlined on these posts and nothing has worked for me!

this did not work at all & i have reinstalled 2x now..

Hi, I am paying the Premium and get mine to work because I just tried the lasted update.  Why do I pay for this service?

Hi i read your item on Spotify , i am still getting the black screen ! I am not a PC expert by any means ,can you please explain more of how to do what you have done in laymans terms ? thanks Bill

Suggested posts