NEXT STEP

Spotify recommending songs already in a playlist

Spotify recommending songs already in a playlist

Plan

Premium

Country
Canada

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9+, WebPlayer, Desktop App)

Operating System

(iAndroid Oreo, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Spotify recommends songs already in my playlists, sometimes the song is in the playlist it is basing the recommendation on. This makes no sense. It would be like me walking into a shoe store for recommendations for new shoes and the salesperson looking at my shoes and recommending 5 pairs of shoes where one pair is the same shoes I have on. It would also be nice if there was an option to permanently mark a recommendation to not be recommended again.

Thanks

53 Replies

Almost 4 years after the opening post, and 11 months since the last response here, and the problem still exists. Is there a timeline when this will get fixed? I noticed it now in the Spotify app on my Macbook with this playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/43Cj2puUvHxZii7z9FL8Pc?si=121005f6997a489e

Hi, I have the same issue as reported earlier, seems that the longer the playlist comes, the more often the proposals are overlapping with songs already in the list. 

URL to my list where I keep seeing this https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0B2vIY9kwKAYExz5Vbxs9j

This happened to me as well!

Same issue, keep getting the same songs recommended that are already on the playlist.

Hey, its been over 4.5 years and this problem isn't at all fixed. I've attached another example.

I also have the same issue, didnt used to suck this bad. But almost every song in my recently created playlist is coming up as a song that is recommended. After refreshing a few times I finally got a single song that wasnt already in my playlist!

I've started having this issue yesterday, both on desktop app and web.

I've been facing this problem for a week now.

This happens to me as well, and I created a case with Spotify on this in the past and got nowhere (and no follow up, as promised). I find it really disappointing that all the Spotify responses over these multiple years have been repeating  same boiler plate “troubleshooting” steps (plus one shout out to a client idea; client ideas are supposed to be for software enhancements, not bug fixes). It really doesn’t seem like it’s being taken seriously but it would be great if y’all could fix the obvious coding defect. 

This is also showing as solved but it’s not. Can that be updated?

Don't waste your breath they don't give a **bleep**.

I suggest getting youtube music they aren't gonna fix this any time soon. maybe in 2030 but honestly I think they can't fix it.

I would like the recommended songs at the end of my playlists NOT to recommend songs that I already have on my other playlists

So basically when i go to make a new playlist, regardless of the title of the playlist i get the same songs in the recommendation in the same order without fail.. and these songs were my top songs from 2023

After going through and adding some songs myself it will update to show somewhat relevant songs but then if i don't add a song it'll keep showing that song every refresh and show duplicated of what I've already added

This happens on all of my devices too

Suggested posts