Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

Re: Dual Monitor Spotify icon on wrong Monitor

iamandyhill
Community Legend

Hey @DJN

Just checked a couple of things out for you and I think I've narrowed it down. I think you could be running the windows store app version of Spotify which only seems to stay in the main desktop taskbar due to the windows environment settings.

If you press the windows button you should see the spotify logo as white in a green square if you do have that version.

So the way to solve your problem is to uninstall the app under windows > settings then install the desktop version found here.

Use the same login details and you should find that the logo switches taskbar when you switch display.

Hope that helps!

Andy

Hazbelll
Casual Listener

I've noticed this too. Very annoying - but can be worked around by dragging the Spotify Window to your primary monitor and back every single time Spotify opens.

This wasn't an issue with the Windows Store version of Spotify prior to the UI Redesign earlier this year though. Seems to be a problem with the Spotify Application itself now.

Might be worth noting how your Secondary Taskbars are configured in Windows 10 however, although I've not tested. For Reference: My Secondary Monitor Taskbar is set to: Show taskbar buttons on: "Taskbar where window is open".

Sidenote: If someone from Spotify actually sees this and is after feedback on that UI Redesign; personal preference favours the old version over the current as the new look just doesn't fit nice with the design and feel of the OS (Doesn't even animate to the Taskbar and back anymore).

DJN
Casual Listener

I just try to avoid windows store at all costs. I don't want a phone, there is a reason I have a desktop. I just hate the idea of installing via a "third-party" rather than the vendor themselves...

Hazbelll
Casual Listener

I've noticed this too. Very annoying - but can be worked around by dragging the Spotify Window to your primary monitor and back every single time you open Spotify.

This wasn't an issue with the Windows Store version of Spotify prior to the UI Redesign earlier this year though. Seems to be a problem with the Spotify Application itself now.

Might be worth noting how your Secondary Taskbars are configured in Windows 10 however, although I've not tested. For Reference: My Secondary Monitor Taskbar is set to: Show taskbar buttons on: "Taskbar where window is open".

Sidenote: If someone from Spotify actually sees this and is after feedback on that UI Redesign; personal preference favours the old version over the current as the new look just doesn't fit nice with the design and feel of the OS (Doesn't even animate to the Taskbar and back anymore).

(I posted this earlier today, but for some reason it got deleted. Think that was my wrongdoing though, oops!).

Re: Taskbar icon on wrong monitor

annihilatingbas
Casual Listener

Still have the same issue. Disabling the 'hardware acceleration' doesn't seem to work. Would be great if it is fixed.

Details:

Windows 10, version 1803, build 17134.48

Spotify 1.0.83.318.g6c07039d (Windows Store version)

TrashcanMan
Regular

Just got an update to the Deskto version and seems to have been fixed!

Windows 10 1709, Spotify version 1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f

Ignore....it came back.

annihilatingbas
Casual Listener

For the store version it still seems to be an isssue.

1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f (Windows Store version)

TrashcanMan
Regular

I was too quick to think it was fixed...only worked the first 2 times after updating...now it's back to it's old tricks.... *sigh*

ikjadoon
Roadie

I had another update recently; did not fix it.

The only workaround that only works SOME OF THE TIME is to disable Hardware Acceleration. I'm not quite sure why a music player even needs hardware acceleration, but Spotify performs identically with it on vs off as far as I can tell.

Eddie-CH

Same here, please fix.

SUGGESTED POSTS