Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify skips all songs and doesn't play while Equalizer APO is running.

Spotify skips all songs and doesn't play while Equalizer APO is running.

Plan

Premium

Country

Latvia

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Hello. Since yesterday Spotify doesn't play songs skipping everything in a playlist and showing the error message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". Sometimes this also happens when I unplug my headphones and plug them in again, a simple reset of the Spotify application fixes it, sadly this time it's not as easy.

After some troubleshooting I've located the source of the problem. It's a program called Equalizer APO that I've been using for months now. It configures my headphones so that they sound differently. Whenever the program is installed on my computer and configures my headphones Spotify doesn't play songs. 

I've reinstalled Spotify, tried both the Microsoft store and regular version. Obviously I could just not use the Equalizer but it would be really nice if there was a solution to this.

A side note - I also can't play any other music file on my computer.

Thank you.

3 Replies

Hey @lincis20

Since you mention that your local audio files cannot be played too, I'm afraid there might be a problem with Equalizer APO at the moment. I found some other Windows 10 users recently having issues with the application as well.

If you use Steelseries, this might be helpful. Here is another Reddit thread that might have some useful workarounds.

If no luck, I'd suggest checking out the Equalizer APO discussion, maybe there is something useful.

Hope this helps, have a nice day 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Nvm does not work for me as well

Suggested posts