Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify skips to the first track of album/playlist when pressing play on any specific song..

Solved!

Spotify skips to the first track of album/playlist when pressing play on any specific song..

Ever since the new update a few days ago, my Spotify player is acting rather weird.

Doesn't matter what album or playlist I am listening to. If I hover my mouse cursor over any specific track on the list and click on the play button that appears next to the song title to play that specific song, it jumps to the very first track of the list and starts playing that song. The only way to get to the songs I actually want to listen to, is to let the whole album/playlist play until it gets to the song I want or skip to the song I want to hear one by one. This is very annoying!

Anybody else having this problem and/or know how to solve it? I already tried re-installing the Spotify player on my PC, didn't work. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Im currently experiencing this issue. However ive noticed it doesnt occur within any new playlists (i dont know about old ones, i dont have any). so you might want to try to copy the music you want to listen to into a new playlist and you should be able to listen to whichever song you choose.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

I do have the same issue.

I also have this. Please fix, or I will have to switch music service.

Experiencing the same problem, very frustrating.

Found this today, looks like Spotify is aware of the problem and is working on it!

Spotify only plays first song of albums/artists under "Oma Musiikki" (Your Music)

I know this issue has been posted about, but I want to raise a little more awareness. Starting yesterday, whenever I click on a song in the middle of any setlist under Oma Musiikki, it will highlight my desired song for a split-second before jumping to the one at the very beginning. In order to actually play my desired song, I must use the Spotify controls (Seuraava/Edellinen) and skipping to the song is extremely annoying and frustrating. I am using Spotify on my Windows partition atm, Premium user, and version 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6. I have yet to check the Spotify program on my Linux partition, though and my roommate in the room next to me is not experiencing the issue with his Spotify program on Windows. If anyone can provide me with any updates as to what Spotify knows, if anyone knows a fix, whatever...this is super annoying and I just want to listen to some music..

Hi @vaahtlnirn1 and @jrw57, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Thank you for letting us know about this. Our Tech team is already aware of this issue where only the first song of some albums play at the beginning. They're working on it and there should be a fix soon. 

We suggest that you stay tuned for new Spotify updates for your devices. 

Let us know if you have any questions. Have a great day!

Marked as solution

Im currently experiencing this issue. However ive noticed it doesnt occur within any new playlists (i dont know about old ones, i dont have any). so you might want to try to copy the music you want to listen to into a new playlist and you should be able to listen to whichever song you choose.

Thanks for this comment, it led me to a workaround, albeit not a good one.

I was having the issue on albums i have "saved" to my collection. Clicking "view full album" at the top takes me to the "store page" for that album rather than in my "saved" collection, I can then choose track without issue and it will not revert to track 1. Removing the album from my collection and re-saving does not help.

I will definitely not continue my subscription if this is not fixed extemely quickly as this is a massive failure when it is the way I listen 99% of the time.

Ya I completely agree - this has been an issue for about a week now, they've been "aware" and "working on it" but bottom line, I'm paying for this service and it's unacceptable that I or you need to MacGyver our own solution to a product we're paying for. It seems like this issue doesn't effect a lot of users - I know it doesnt effect my partner or room mates computers, we're using the same OS, regardless of how many users this effects it would be nice to get more than "we are aware" especially since it's been so many days now. Look at whatever you changed from the last update to the new and figure out why your product doesn't work properly anymore or refund my monthly service fee.

It only seems to occur with albums I have 'saved'.

A work round is to use the next track icon repeatedly to get to the track I want.
If the album is unsaved then I can access any track directly.

Please fix this !!

I know how to get around the problem, but that's not the point. The point is I pay for this service and they COULD just revert back to the old version but they don't for some reason. It's making their product unusable and the response has been "we know, we'll check it out", but this was 6 days ago. 6 days of paying for bad service and it's increasingly annoying. You should never have to find a way to work around anything on a service that you're paying for.

Yay.

Mine seems to work OK again.

EDIT - it did briefly, now it's broken again!

Is there any fix for this issue, happens constantly when played through my chromecast audio.

A Spotify update in early April this year fixed the problem for me - it has been fine ever since.

In my case it started to happen this week both in iOS 10.3.3 (iPhone) and Android 6.0.1 (Samsung Galaxy Note 2014).

I actually create a new playlist every week to create a true random playlist with a randomizer which I then play in 'normal play order' in Spotify, meaning the solution provided by another user is not working in my case.If the playlist automatically moves to the top, I still listen to the same songs in my playlist (which I desperately try to avoid).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Edwin

Suggested posts