Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify slows down the PC, CPU load issue

Solved!

Spotify slows down the PC, CPU load issue

I cannot use Spotify honestly on my PC because it consumes far too much CPU power. When playing music the task managers shows a CPU load of more than 50%, but I still need my PC for working in parallel, taking that much ressources is not acceptable. My system: Windows 7 32bit, AMD dual core, 3,25GB RAM, SSD. It's the same situation running the Spotify application 0.9.6.81 or using the web front-end in the Chrome browser. When I start the application the CPU load remains low, starting playback increases CPU load to 55%, when pausing music still the same CPU load of 55%, finally when ending the Spotify application CPU load returns to 0.

I hope very much that you will provide a solution for this critical issue, I love the Spotify features, but I will quit my membership if this problem can't be solved.

Regards, Mathias

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I could solve the problem, the problems began after a windows update. After restoring a backup the problems vanished. Also after installing windows updates again the problems did not reappear. No idea which update has led to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Are you getting a lot of network activity when the client is running? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

>Are you getting a lot of network activity when the client is running?

No, when pausing music the CPU load remains at 55%, but there is no network traffic at all.

I already re-installed the application, no change.

Regards, Mathias

Marked as solution

I could solve the problem, the problems began after a windows update. After restoring a backup the problems vanished. Also after installing windows updates again the problems did not reappear. No idea which update has led to the problem.

Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Peter

Because Spotify is yet another of those apps that come with far too many features and insist on forcing their features upon us when we are using it to do something else.

I can follow all my friends playlists but can't follow my own. I create one on one machine then go to another and it isn't there and there is no "refresh" playlists feature nor can I follow myself to see that I added it.

I go on to get a message that someone sent me a playlist and it's using loads of CPU but I can't see it.

I go to remove a track from a playlist and it plays it when I didn't ask it to.

I like to be in control of the software that runs on my computer, deciding what features I use and when, and when I'm not, I want it to remain idle and do nothing.

You should definitely be able to see all of your playlists not matter what device you are logged into, playlists updates should be pushed live to any running application (providing it is connected to Spotify).

Peter

Suggested posts