Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify too slow to use after update

Spotify too slow to use after update

Following a small update recently, Spotify has become to slow to actually use. Artists and albums take forever to load as do playlists, and even my local files won't fully load. Furthermore, if I try to restart the programme I get the message "Spotify is not responding". Is this a problem with the Spotify servers or with my installation of the application? Been using Spotify for 5 years on the same PC and never seen this happen.  
INB4 Yes I have check my internet, multiple times. Yes I have turned my PC on and off again. 

3 Replies

Hey @Cattro

It might be that something went wrong with the update, resulting in this.

What OS and which version of Spotify are you using (Windows Store or the usual)? 🙂

Keep me posted!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My spotify has just updated and the playback screen is very slow to load indeed. It is currently taking nearly an hour to load. However I am still able to play music but not browse fully. I have had this issue a lot recently, possibly because my laptops old and slow but it normally loads quicker than this!

Hi @Mike7714,

Welcome to the Community! 

You mentioned that the app was recently updated, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall? It could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know the exact make/model and operating system of your device? Additionally, let us know if it happens across different devices or only on your PC. 

Cheers - We'll be waiting for your reply 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts