Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify unpauses automatically

Spotify unpauses automatically

I have a premium plan in the US, using it on my Windows computer desktop. 

My Spotify unpauses music on its own. I am playing a song, press pause, and within 20 seconds, spotify presses play on its own and continues the music. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program, and restarted the computer at all points.

6 Replies

I have the exact same issue. 

Using Spotify premium app version 1.1.12.451.gdb77255f (Windows Store version) and every time I pause my music, it unpauses itself a few seconds later. 

I have already tried a restart and fresh install. 

Nothing seems to help.

@spotify, please assist ASAP

I have a UK family account, so don't think it's related to that.

I didn't have this problem on other bluetooth speakers, it's only started happening now I've paired the PC to an Amazon Echo Dot. Perhaps the Dot keeps sending pairing information? An option to switch off auto-unpause could be added to settings perhaps?

Hey there everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Can you give these steps a go and log out from everywhere? Then you can log back into the account. 

@kevstev01 If you're using a speaker, we'd suggest you follow the steps below and reconnect the Spotify account to the speaker.

1. Click on Settings in the Echo app to unlink a Spotify account.
  2. You'll be asked to confirm you want to unlink your account.
  3. Once you've unlinked it, try linking it again to the speaker.

You can also check these steps and submit your idea. That way other users can support it. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have connected my echo dot 3rd gen via bluetooth to my desktop. When I go to pause a YouTube video - it will stay paused for around 10 seconds and then automatically unpause itself and play the video. It does the same unpausing itself for spotify and other media on my desktop pc? I am running windows 10 pro and only had this issue since connecting the echo via bluetooth. If I connect the echo via spotify connect (which runs off wifi) this issue doesn't happen. But I want to use the dot for all audio coming from my desktop via bluetooth. Please help!

Hey @AlexMorgan24,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

The troubleshooting you've done so far indicated that there might be some problem with the Bluetooth connection, rather that with the Spotify app itself. You should check if there are any available updated for your Bluetooth drivers.

Also does the same issue come up when you connect your Echo Dot over Bluetooth to another device? If you could test this out and share the result, this would also be really helpful.

Hope this is useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello -

I don't have the same issue when connecting the dot to my macbook - so it seems to be an issue between the dot and my pc.

I have been able to connect other bluetooth speakers and they have been fine..

I did a clean reinstall of windows 10 and updated all my drivers on my bluetooth settings...

Nothing seemed to work.

I'm going to return the dot to my local store and go for a bose speaker instead.

Cheers!

Suggested posts