Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify volume is lowered during skype call ONLY when using specific sound output?

Spotify volume is lowered during skype call ONLY when using specific sound output?

Hi, I've got a problem with Spotify Desktop. I currently have my PC plugged in, through HDMI, to an Elgato HD60 Game Capture device, then to HDMI to my HDTV. I have my headset plugged into the TV's headphones jack.

Now, whenever I have Spotfiy playing a song, and a Skype call going on at the same time, Spotify's volume lowers when someone is talking on Skype, and raises back up when nobody is talking. It ONLY does this with Skype and Spotify, if I play something from Youtube or Soundcloud, the volume is not lowered.

I've tried plugging my headset directly into my PC, and this problem does not occur, BUT I need to keep my headset plugged into my TV because my Elgato only records sound that is played through HDMI.

I have also tried plugging the HDMI directly from my PC to my TV, and the problem still occurs.

Sound equalization on my TV is disabled, as well.

I'm not sure how to fix this, and would appreciate any help!

Thanks!

My PC

My TV

2 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I'm not sure whether the control is the same in Win 8.1 - but in windows 7, go to Control panel>Hardware and sound>Manage audio devices. Go to communications. Then click on do nothing instead of lower the voice. I'm sure there's an equivalent in Windows 8 somewhere.

Also, in Skype, go to Tools>Options>General>Audio settings, and untick the checkbox that says auto adjust speaker settings.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Sorry, I should've mentioned, I had already done both of those things.

Also, something I just discovered, is that it is not just Skype that does this to Spotify. I just had a loud ad play on a website, and it lowered Spotify by quite a bit.

(Also, for future reference, the communications tab is in the same place as Windows 7, and can be easier accessed by right clicking the speaker icon on the right side of your taskbar, and clicking on playback devices)

Suggested posts