Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify web player keeps losing connection to Chromecast Audio

Solved!

Spotify web player keeps losing connection to Chromecast Audio

My Chromecast Audio is losing the connection with Spotify Web Player, sometimes after only one song, sometimes after a couple. Sometimes I can play a whole album. Impossible to find a pattern.

Every time it has paused, Web Player usually says it's streaming to the chromecast, and if I hit play, it goes back to outputting the audio to Web Player instead, but the Chromecast is still listed and if I pick it as output, it starts playing agaon, only to pause after a while and I have to redo it.

I rarely stream from my phone/tablets, and the Windows client is useless since that doesn't find the chromecasts at all. Everything was great while my Pioneer receiver still had Spotify Connect, using chromecasts are much more problematic.

Plan Premium

Country Sweden

Device Web Player (Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 64bit) Chromecast Audio (Firmware 1.36.141215)

Operating System Win10 Home

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Seems to have been fixed after contacting support, getting a test-account and then converting my old account into a new one.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Seems to have been fixed after contacting support, getting a test-account and then converting my old account into a new one.

Suggested posts