Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify window's top right Minimize-maximize-Close buttons dispalyed at wrong place

Solved!

Spotify window's top right Minimize-maximize-Close buttons dispalyed at wrong place

Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

desktop PC, Radeon HD7790, 3840x2160@30Hz, ver 18.2.1

Operating System

Win7 Ulti,64bit, Hungarian

My Question or Issue

When Windows7 boots up, Close-Min-Max buttons displayed at wrong position. When I move Spotify window, top-right button block jumps to the right place. See attached screen capture.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @novaktamas

I suggest turning off hardware acceleration for Spotify.

Go to Spotify, click on menu dots, navigate to View and click on Hardware Acceleration. It will restart the client.

Looks like some interesting issue with graphics. If the issue persists, let me know. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @novaktamas

I suggest turning off hardware acceleration for Spotify.

Go to Spotify, click on menu dots, navigate to View and click on Hardware Acceleration. It will restart the client.

Looks like some interesting issue with graphics. If the issue persists, let me know. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Hi, Sebasty,

it doesn't work (see attached vid). With h/w acceleration off, the "..." menu and the Min-max-close block is still displayed at wrong position. It is a very minor issue so I don't care if it will never be fixed, but it *is* an interesting bug.

@novaktamas

The hardware accel was only a temporary fix then? Odd.

I would recommend reinstalling Spotify, maybe it's the client needing a refresh. Follow this article, but before you install Spotify, restart your PC. It's necessary to end all Spotify-related threads to give a fresh start.
You can also check (and delete) Spotify folders in %appdata%, both Local and Roaming.

If the issue is still present, then the graphics driver may need a reinstall, or there is a setting that causes this.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Have the same problem. Happend on Windows 8.1 and a fresh install of Windows 10.

Thanks for posting. Disabling hardware acceleration fixed it for me too.

Suggested posts