Spotify windows 10 app not working

Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealand

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify on Windows 10 won't play any music at all.  It comes up with a message saying "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

I have tried reinstalling the application and clearing the cache etc but nothing will work.  Been doing it for a couple of days now.  Music will play on the web browser but not the app.  Please fix this asap

Top Answer
ljuch
Casual Listener
I fixed my Spotify app by turning off Enhancements.
First, try and go to sound settings and press the 'Troubleshoot" button and see if it finds anything.

Then try right-click on the sound icon in the taskbar and click 'Sounds', then click 'playback' and double click on your headset or speakers and then go to 'Enhancements' and make sure they are turned off.
Hope this helps 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

First, try and go to sound settings and press the 'Troubleshoot" button and see if it finds anything.

Then try right-click on the sound icon in the taskbar and click 'Sounds', then click 'playback' and double click on your headset or speakers and then go to 'Enhancements' and make sure they are turned off.
Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

yup. me too. never thought I'd see the day Spotify would let me down.   Noooo 😭

Hi there @ljuch and @DVD4653,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Another good this to try would be to remove all lines from your hosts file by following the steps that's provided bellow:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let us know how it works after you've followed the steps above.

Take care! 

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Bummer. I'll have to find time for this another day.

Marked as solution

Hope this helps 🙂

Suggested posts