U.S.

Device

P.C.

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify for Windows
1.1.95.893.g6cf4d40c

My Question or Issue

Since the most recent update Spotify has started randomly spawning hundreds of Chrome tabs to "accounts.spotify.com/en/login/ott/v2#token=blah". I have no idea for what purpose, it seems to be associated with some sort of login process, however I'm not sure what it is trying to do or why it's opening my web browser. The page is almost entirely blank with a Spotify logo and a non-descript error saying "We failed to log you in" "Something went wrong. Close this window and try again later". I attached a screenshot showing this and how many tabs it opened. 

It's never happened while I'm at my PC, but I've noticed it twice now when coming back after awhile. Suddenly Chrome starts acting funny and I find a window with dozens or even hundreds of these Spotify tabs. I don't use the browser version to listen to Spotify so until coming here today I've never intentionally gone to the Spotify website on this computer. I did a clean re-install after the first time it happened so that hasn't helped. 

What is Spotify doing this for and how can I get it to stop? Is there a way to downgrade to the previous version?

spotify failed to login spam.png
1 Reply

Hey @sangre,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

The behavior you're describing seems very odd. We'd recommend checking for any pending updates on your browser. Go to the three dot menu on the top right corner> click on Settings> About Chrome and if there's an available update, we'd suggest installing it. Make sure you restart your computer after that. It's a good idea to clear the cached files on your browser as this might be causing issues as well. 

On another note, would you let us know where you've downloaded your Spotify app from? Was it from the Windows Apps store or from our website

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts