Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't work with USB audio interface (Behringer UMC204HD)

Spotify won't work with USB audio interface (Behringer UMC204HD)

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

PC

Operating System

Win 10 Pr 64bit

My Question or Issue

I'm running studio monitors connected to this interface. Whenever I select the interface in Windows as output Spotify keeps skipping songs not playing anything. Reinstall didn't help. When I plug the speakers directly into the mainboards audio out it works fine. This is a shame tho as the MB's chip is way lower quality than the interface.

This does do the trick but I'd have to do it every time I launch spotify which is a hassle and it messes with all audio such as resetting my audio settings in games requiring a game restart.

7 Replies

Hey, I have the same device and a similar issue. 

For me it resolved when I downloaded the UMC drivers from the Behringer website. 

https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Interfaces/UMC204HD/p/P0BK0/Downloads#...

Hope this helps!

My symptom was "Can't play the current track" error message on every track, when trying to play over the 

USB audio interface (Behringer UMC204HD)

I tried restarting the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder servioc but that did not work.

I checked and did not have any any UMC drivers. Groove music player worked fine on local mp3s. Spotify web player was happy. But not the spotify app.

Once I installed the UMC drivers, Spotify app was happy again.

Problem solved for me by using the last windows 10 driver (UMC Driver 5.12.0 (for Windows 10))
From : https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BK0#googtrans(en|en)

Similar issue with UMC404HD - I'd get an error that "Spotify can't play this right now. if you have the file on your computer you can import it" and installing the 5.12 drivers solved the issue. Thanks for this!

I still had the issue with 5.12 drive on windows 10. But i reinstalled the driver, and then it suddenly worked. 

Check your UMC speaker output settings. Set it to 44.1 khz

Try installing 4-59 drivers, reboot.

Then install 5-30 drivers, reboot.

Worked for me.

Suggested posts