Device

PC

Operating System

Win 7

The title says it all i think.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, all 🙂

This issue is currently being looked into. Please go to this Issue Thread and check out its Status Update. Updates will be posted there.

Have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

I have the same problem!  It just started today, even though I've never had problems in the past.  I've tried a lot of different solutions, including uninstalling Spotify and reinstalling.  All to no avail.  It seems to be related to switching the audio source.  I am using the "SRS Audio Control Panel" and switching between "HD Audio 2nd Output" (my head phones audio jack), and "Speakers".  If I start Spotify with one of the options selected, it works just fine.  But if I leave Spotify open and then switch, it will freeze Spotify and the current song locks into a 1 second loop.  Strange that this just starts without warning.  Someone, please help!

This happens on windows 10 as well. I discovered it when I got a new pair of headphones and wanted to quickly compare the sound quality. If I listen to a song with one pair, pause the song, plug in the new pair, and try to play the song again, Spotify stays frozen until I kill the process.

One workaround I've been using is to play a few seconds of the song using the speakers of my laptop (with both pairs disconnected) in between the headphones. Spotify doesn't freeze when I do that.

I have the same Problem (Realtek Onboard Audio, Win 7 Prof 64).

Altho im 100% certain that a few updates ago it worked without any problem. Back then i could change the output device (Front Jack <-> Rear Jack) flawlessly, without any problem or stuttering.

Now Spotify freezes, with 2 seconds of audio looping, so i have to kill it via task manager.

Workaround is to close spotify, change device, re-open spotify, which is pretty annoying.

Please fix. It worked before.

Marked as solution

Hey, all 🙂

This issue is currently being looked into. Please go to this Issue Thread and check out its Status Update. Updates will be posted there.

Have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same exact problem here.  Also on Windows 7.  I switched between back jack (speakers) and front jack (headphones) on Spotify for years at this point, and have never had a problem until very recently (most likely the most recent update).  First noticed it today.  Now any time I transition from one to the other, Spotify freezes up with 1 second loop of the current song and I have to kill via Task Manager.  All my other programs have no difficulty switching back and forth.  

Please fix!

Got this as well because I tried a new Spotify version. But as usual, going back to my favorite version (1.0.73.345) fixes this problem too.

Same problem Windows 7, only started happening within the last two weeks or so.

Hey all,

I reviewed the rest of the replies on this thread.  Reverting to version 1.0.94.262 fixed this for me for the time being.  Hopefully they fix it in future versions.  So in the meantime you guys can try reverting.  

I got the download from here:

https://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/old-versions/

Also remeber to block autoudpates.

instructions by Odrahcyr

"

If you want to disable auto update after installing 1.0.94.262.g3d5c231c do the following steps:

1. create the folder Update in \Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Spotify if it does not already exist

2. create two empty text files inside the folder and name them update.json and  spotify_installer-TTTT.exe (no .txt at the end!, if a newer version is released you need to change the version number on the exe)

3. make the update folder and the two files read-only (via right-click -> properties)

Note:

replace TTTT with 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b-12 (posts with the full installer name are blocked automatically)"

Upgrading to 1.0.99.250.g936eab8d finally fixed this issue for me. Running Windows 7 if that helps.

Thanks!

Suggested posts