Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This song is not availabe. If you have the file on your computer you can import it error!

This song is not availabe. If you have the file on your computer you can import it error!

I used to be able to play many songs on my friends' playlist without any issues, but now, I can only play like 10 songs from the 202 songs in the playlist. Whenever I click on a song, they give me the message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I am running windows 10 and my spotify is the one you get from the microsoft store. Also, this issue is just on my pc, since on my iPhone every song works. Thanks, have a good day.

35 Replies

I jumped onto my non-premium account and everything seems to be fine, so I'm guessing it's just the account.

I tried everything from this thread. Nothing works.

Phone app + Webplayer are working fine, so it's not the account.

@Spotify can you **bleep** pls? Not paying you to create more bugs. 

You have the same problem?

yep. And I do know a couple of friends who got the same. 

@D3shly @justFame

Are you using Spotify Connect?
And are your devices (phone, and desktop) on the same WiFi? If so, just out of curiosity does the same thing happen if your  phone's set to 3G/4G instead of WiFi?

Thanks!

Peace

I'm sorry but I do not know what Spotify Connect is, and I have an ethernet cable connected to my PC, but on my iPhone I have my home connection on it. I have tried playing the songs from my iPhone when it is connected to 4G and it worked fine.

Doesn't matter. The Desktop app seems to be broken. 

same problem... if i can fix it i´ll tell you.

Any new info about this situation?

@D3shly

With Spotify Connect, you can use your Spotify app as a remote to play on speakers, TVs, cars, games consoles, smart watches and more. Not forgetting other phones, tablets, and computers too!

Be sure to check this help site out for more details about Spotify Connect.

And is this happening specifically with the XXXTENTACION album 17?

Thanks! ^^

Peace

Thank you for making it clearer. As I stated earlier, I tried using my phone as a remote to play songs from my computer, but they didn't work. And I corrected myself a couple messages back that EVERY explicit song is NOT working, while songs that aren't are working absolutely fine. For example, in XXXTENTACION's album "17" all the songs are Explicit marked, which means none of them work. But, in Post Malone's latest album beerongs and bentleys, some songs are Explicit marked and some aren't, making it that songs like Paranoid are working (Non-explicit) and songs like Zack and Codeine are not working (Explicit song).

I have just tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it again through the main version not the windows store version, and it is working, however, I am afraid that most likely the same thing will happen as last time, that it works for a couple minutes then it goes back to the same issue, since this has already happened.

happens to any song, btw. 

bump. PS: just like I said, it worked for the next few minutes then only non-explicit songs worked and it's all back to garbage again.

Hey @D3shly @justFame @Pety199!

Sorry for the late repsonse.
Thanks for letting me know these updates.

As this is still happening, I'd recommend reaching out to Support now.

You can do this one of the below ways:

Email: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares

If you can let them know what's happening, and the steps you've already tried they'll be able to take a closer look backstage.

Thanks!

Peace

I have a mini fix to the problem. However, this fix only works like the reinstalling of Spotify, but takes less time to do. Press Windows + R and type %appdata% and then head to spotify. Highlight all the files inside of "Spotify" and delete. Make sure Spotify is closed. After that, just open Spotify again and it should work for a bit.

Suggested posts