Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Premium Spotify, version 1.0.65.320.gac7a8e02. 

Suddenly today certain artists wont play any more. All I get is this msg. It is the same issue on pc, web player and mobile. But I use the pc 99.9% of the time. It is not all artists. They are not greyed out. It just refuses to play them. Ive done a clean install, regedit, all that **bleep**. 

6 Replies

Me too!  Spotify started up and played music for me up until a few minutes ago... ive checked my internet, uninstalled the app on my computer and I just dont know what to do now.

Hey @whaleelewaitor

There's an issue with a random patch of artists (Metallica, Oasis, Portishead, Katy Perry, to name a few) that have become unplayable with the latest update. It affects both PC and Android devices.

It's currently being looked into, this Issue thread will have updates on it as soon as it gets figured out. 🙂

I'm sort of surprised that the web player fails at it too!
Some users (in the thread) suspect the mobile client is the root and by uninstalling the mobile client those artists become playable.

Using an older version of Spotify client (such as 1.0.64) everything is available to play.
Everything is playable under a new user too.

I hope it gets solved soon!

If you have more questions, let me know 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Uninstalled the app from the cell phone. No change. Clutch still will not play. There is no msg on the phone or the web player when this error happens. The msg only displays on the pc version. 

@whaleelewaitor

I suppose the issue has more to it than just some mobile client twangs, that's why there is not common solution or workaround yet (besides installing older clients on mobile and PC).

But this issue is being investigated and hopefully a positive update is coming soon!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having this issue too - only affecting Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age (so far) but everything else appears to play fine. Very strange!

The thing is, I did the older client. I did the renaming etc. And it still updated. And looking back at threads here, on reddit, on facebook, this problem has been going on for more then 2 years. For 2 years spotify has not been able to fix this. All the fixes I have seen have come from users. Not from spotify. 

Suggested posts