Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Top Recommendations For You not updating

Top Recommendations For You not updating

Hi there,

Seeing is anyone can help or is experiencing the same issue, for the past maybe 4 days but Top Recommendations has stopped updating? Any ideas?

16 Replies

At me the same problem, completely deleted, passed to the previous version, used the web version and absolutely zero effect.

Me too, I've tried a few different things. I am using the desktop app on a PC. So far I have:

1. Un installed and re installed the app

2. Signed out and the back in again

3. Signed out of mobile devices

Nothing seems to be working at the moment.

I can't complain too much, Spotify are providing a free service as I am not on Premium, but the recommendations part of it is so awesome I really miss it!

I'm experiencing the same issue.   I've delted ipad app and reinstalled, but not difference.  I've also tried to listen to a bunch of new (different) music, but the list didn't budge. 

Really hope that Spotify is working on it.  

I'm getting the exact same issue for over a week now. I even thought I was the only one, as it took em a while to find this issue reported here.

Same problem here! My favourite feature of spotify, NEED IT BACK! 

Having same issue 😞

"Top Recommendations for You" is my preferred feature of Spotify. It used to update more than once/week and mine hasn't updated in perhaps a month. I may have to explore other services if this is not addressed.

I'm having the same issue.  When it updates seems random.  It used to do it on a somewhat regular basis but right now it's been at least two weeks.  Ideally there'd be a way to reset it manually whenever you're tired of what's there.  But right now I'd just settle for a new group on a reasonably regular basis, like once a week.

And it's the same old recommendations on my phone, web player on my work computer, and app on my home PC.  Come on Spotify!  I needs me some new recs!

there is no limit to my disappointment, I loved this function so much, but it seems to be cut out, as it once was with lyrics, I do not understand why to create a good functional, and then systematically cut it and, as usual, do not explain any explanations (

I suspect it hasn't been cut out, it's just not working for some reason.  I have seen features dissappear and then come back weeks later.  I'm guessing (and hoping) that at some point it will just spontaneously start working again.

But working or not, I still wish the "Top Recommendations" section came with a button so you could get a new set whenever you want.  I'm sure they're created by some computer algorithm, so it's not like it would take any additional manpower on Spotify's part.

Hi all,

Seems like we are not getting any replies from Spotify, in the meantime, you can find other sites that supply at lot of the information we want, it just takes a bit more effort. We all like making an effort, right? I found this awesome map site:

https://www.music-map.com/failure.html

In this example I searched the band Failure (highly "recommend" them) and it then shows all the bands I should maybe check out who are similar.

I hope this feeds your "discover" hunger for now until Spotify fix their issue.

🙂

My recommendations have been refreshed as of today. The issue may have been fixed, but I wish we got some confirmation from the dev team.

Today this issue has finally resolved itself for me.  Not sure if it was a fix or a random glitch.  Either way, happy discovering everyone!

Me too.  Like I said, there seemed to be some glitch that had stopped it from refreshing regularly, but looks like it's been fixed.  Sounds like it's the same for everyone.

Hopefully it won't be another few weeks before it updates again.  Guessing it will go back to their normal (usually too long for me) interval.  I suspect it's weekly but don't know for sure.

Mine is still busted. My Discovery Weekly also hasn't curated similar artists I'm currently listening to for over a month now. Not sure why the fix didn't resolve my issue 😞

My whole app hasn't updated and I was wondering if you could help me change that.

Suggested posts