Tracks I only play in 'Private Session' are showing in my Top Tracks list!!!!

Tracks I only play in 'Private Session' are showing in my Top Tracks list!!!!

alexdelta
Casual Listener

I'm quite shocked to see that the tracks I play in 'private session', so no-one knows how I have a secret penchant for some embarassingly uncool stuff, are showing in my 'Top Tracks' on my profile! I'm going to go as far as to say 'What the **bleep**?'

5 Replies

Re: Tracks I only play in 'Private Session' are showing in my Top Tracks list!!!!

Taylor
Community Legend

@alexdelta wrote:

I'm quite shocked to see that the tracks I play in 'private session', so no-one knows how I have a secret penchant for some embarassingly uncool stuff, are showing in my 'Top Tracks' on my profile! I'm going to go as far as to say 'What the **bleep**?'

I don't think that Top Tracks display on peoples public profiles.

As Peter says, if you go to Edit>Preferences, you can untick the box saying share my activity to followers on Spotify, and not show your playlists.

What's your Spotify username? I'll take a look.

Anthony :)

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Re: Tracks I only play in 'Private Session' are showing in my Top Tracks list!!!!

Peter__
Community Legend

@alexdelta wrote:

Hey! Welcome to the community :)

This sounds like it might be a bug, private session is designed to stop sharing of your activity to Facebook and Spotify social, so I am not sure if this is intentional or not. 

You can hide your top tracks/artists from the public from your Edit > Preferences menu. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

alexdelta
Casual Listener

Thanks for the reply... I don't know if I should give out my username here on publice forum, then everyone could go and look at my private tracks!

Is there a way to private message?

I'm more conserned about what the people who can subscribe to me will see when they look at the profile...

anyway thanks for help)

Peter__
Community Legend

You can PM it to me if you like and I will check, there is a link to send me a Community PM in my signature ;) 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

JonVonRox
Regular

It even shows everything in "recent activity",. not only top tracks i recently listened. I know how to use FB privacy settings and Spotify edit ->preferences. Private session or not it doesnt make any sense. Also my own FB feed doesn't show that i just listened this n that,. it shows it to my friends. There's a lot of stuff my friends see differently than me. "This person" just played the bejeweled blitz and got xxx score, beat his record and the list goes on ,.. i don't see that stuff on my feed... 

SUGGESTED POSTS