Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to delete buggy playlist from Home Page.

Unable to delete buggy playlist from Home Page.

Spotify_2021-09-25_16-14-11.png

Spotify_2021-09-25_16-14-00.png

  

I added a playlist long ago from 'Dune', but I want to get rid of it, however I am unable to delete it. Whenever I try to delete it in the desktop app, it says "Ooops, something went wrong". 

If I try to delete it on the Web Player it says it was deleted successfully, but upon refreshing the page it's back again. I already tried relogging, and even "Log Out From All Devices", but neither one of them resolved the issue. 

Is there anything else I can try at this point to clean it up? I even tried emptying the playlist of all songs, but it's still showing up.

10 Replies

i have the exact same issue and i can't find any way to fix it either

Hey folks,

Thanks for the post.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

If the playlist stays on your account after that, try creating a new Folder on the Desktop app, put the playlist inside and delete the whole folder. Let us know if that helps.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Reinstalling doesn't help unfortunately. Even after moving it to a folder and deleting that folder does not do a thing. Can't it be remotely deleted or something by someone from Spotify if I give the link to it?

Hi @Ryudo300,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, from our side we're not able to access your account to remove this content. However, there are other things we can try as it seems your account is still saving some cache of this playlist. 

Please access your account through this link and recover the playlist. Then go to the app and delete it again, does it make a difference?

Let us know how this goes!

MafeGModerator

Nope. It doesn't even show up there. Only the playlists I created later for testing purposes (and deleting).

It's like some kind of ghost playlist that I just can't get rid of. It should be gone but it's not.

If it makes any difference, this is the link to the playlist that I can't delete no matter what I do:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6k09OhTueTq1BMwXykieKW?si=d0239dd4fb184658 

It's very possible that the playlist is already older than 90 days since it was 'originally' deleted. So it won't show up there anymore. I don't remember when I first tried to delete it.

Hey @Ryudo300,

Thanks for the info 🙂

Just to double-check-do you see the playlist in Your Library or only on the Home screen?

Keep us posted. 

Ver Moderator

Only on the Home screen. Which is interesting, because Spotify seems to think it's still an active playlist that's created by me, and you can even access it externally if you have the link, even though it's supposed to have been deleted already.

That's why I think it's some kind of ghost remnant that didn't properly get deleted, and it's literally impossible to get rid of it through normal means now it seems.

Hi there @Ryudo300

Thanks for the clarification. 

If the playlist only appears on the Good Morning/Good Afternoon or Recently played section, you won't be able to remove it manually. These sections of the Home screen are automatically populated based on your listening activity. It'll disappear eventually, once the app gathers more info about the recent content that you are listening to.

Additionally, we suggest that you make sure that you listen to more of your favorite tracks with the Private session feature off, as it may affect what is shown on your recommendations.

Lastly, it seems also that other users went ahead and posted this idea about being able to customize the Home screen. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, as soon as there are any. So make sure to subscribe, if you haven't already. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This isn't an automatically fetched playlist though.

It's a playlist I made in the past that keeps popping up there and it's still ACTIVE despite having sent a DELETE request. As I said, it's a buggy playlist that should NOT be in there. Somehow the server still thinks it's an active playlist when it should be long gone. There's not even a song inside anymore.

Modifying the Home page is completely unrelated to what I was trying to request here. I'm trying to get rid of (aka completely delete the playlist from Spotify entirely) in general.

This link proves it's still active on the servers and fully accessible by everyone. Because it simply can't be deleted at all. 😕

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6k09OhTueTq1BMwXykieKW?si=d0239dd4fb184658 

Hey @Ryudo300,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you wait a couple of weeks and then check again if the playlist is visible on the Home screen? It's a good idea to try not playing it.

In case the playlist is still visible after 3-4 weeks, we'd recommend that you reach out to our support team here. You can also link the folks to the Community thread so they can check what has been done so far.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts