Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

n/a

Operating System

Windows 10

A week or two ago I could successfully create and rename a folder in the desktop version of Spotify. Today I can no longer do this. I create the folder by right clicking on a playlist; the folder is created as "New folder". I then right click on this new folder, and click on "Rename", but nothing happens. The folder is not highlighted, and cannot be renamed.

I have tried logging out of spotify on all devices, and have tried clearing the cache and cookies on both Edge and Firefox browsers. In all cases the behaviour is identical - I can create a folder but not rename it.

Help! I'd be ever so grateful for any help anyone can give!

Thanks,

Fred

6 Replies

Hey there  @FredBloggs,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening on the web player or on the desktop app as well?

On another note, we suggest that you check if the version your browsers has any pending updates. 

Lastly, would you mind checking if the same happens in an incognito window?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

Thank you ever so for getting back to me.

Just in case anyone else has the same problem, this is now resolved. The fix that worked for me is to clear the browser data cache, then reboot the PC. I was then able to rename the folder as usual.

Very many thanks for your help,

Fred

I cleared cache, rebooted and still cannot rename folders.

Hey @dance73,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

To keep investigating your case, would you mind checking in a private/incognito window to see if the issue persists? If so, could you try with a different browser to see if it makes any difference? This will give us a better look at the issue to help you further.

Keep us posted.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

me too, its so frustrating. what is going on? ieven tried downloading a new browser..

Hey @Janinejoseph62,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of the affected device?

On another note, can you check if this is happening in the web player? Desktop app? Both? Would you mind checking if this is happening on a different device?

Lastly, can you check if the same happens if you open a different account on the affected device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the account of a relative or a friend to open it in your device and check.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts