Unable to stream podcasts to hifi

Plan - Premium

Country - UK

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I can stream artist albums to my hifi just fine, but not podcasts. My list of available devices shows hifi unavailable.

Switch back to artist albums, streams to hifi OK.

Please advise, thank you.

3 Replies

Hi there @Richard238,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you let us know what happens exactly when you try streaming podcasts on your hifi?

Also, would you mind letting us know if the issue persists when you try streaming those podcasts directly on your devices?

Keep us posted!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

"Could you let us know what happens exactly when you try streaming podcasts on your hifi?"

I cannot stream to hifi as the device selections are greyed-out

Playlist though work just fine.

"Also, would you mind letting us know if the issue persists when you try streaming those podcasts directly on your devices?"

The hifi [Cambridge Audio NP30] has no such function - Spotify has to be streamed to it via a phone, laptop, desktop etc etc...

Hey @Richard238,

Thanks for getting back to us with the requested info.

We apologize for the confusion, but can confirm that this is expected behavior. It seems that other users have requested the option to stream podcasts via Connect to audio-only devices and posted this idea. We recommend that you +VOTE it to show your support. We'll share any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any, so it's worthwhile that you also subscribe.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts