Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unavailable songs in playlists - Offline still possible?

Solved!

Unavailable songs in playlists - Offline still possible?

Hello,

I noticed, that there are a few songs in my library, which I can't hear anymore, because they have a new status "unavailable songs in playlists".

What would happen, if i download the songs before? Could I still listen to these songs in OFFLINE MODE?

Thanks in advance 🙂
Andreas

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Andreas2019

Don't worry, it doesn't happen often that songs disappear.

And if they do, it's usually temporary and they'll be available again on Spotify. There's new music added everyday! 

You can check here why some tracks might be unavailable. 

Keep in mind that sometimes the content might reappear as a new release (with different URI than previously), so it's better to use the search bar when you want to check if the songs are available again, as the previous versions might still be greyed out in your library.

Have a nice day 🙂 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi @Andreas2019

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If the songs are greyed out, this means the content is no longer available. This can happen if licensing agreements with the artist/labels, or ownership of rights, has changed. Even if you downloaded these songs before, you wont be able to play them. 

Hopefully the songs will reappear soon. 

There's an option to hide unavailable content:

Mobile and tablet 

• Tap Home icon_home.png
  • Tap Settings icon_settings.png
  • Switch Show unplayable songs off (grey) or on (green) 

Desktop

• Click the arrow icon_arrow.png in the top-right corner and select Settings.
  • Under Display Options switch Show unavailable songs in playlists off (grey) or on (green)

If you can't find something in your library, check this Support article.

I hope it helps!

Hi Emilia, thank you very much for your reply! That's very sad, because it means, that any of my favorite songs could disappear from my library at any time 😞

Marked as solution

Hi @Andreas2019

Don't worry, it doesn't happen often that songs disappear.

And if they do, it's usually temporary and they'll be available again on Spotify. There's new music added everyday! 

You can check here why some tracks might be unavailable. 

Keep in mind that sometimes the content might reappear as a new release (with different URI than previously), so it's better to use the search bar when you want to check if the songs are available again, as the previous versions might still be greyed out in your library.

Have a nice day 🙂 

OK, thank you 😉 

Suggested posts