MSI GS73VR 7RF Stealth Pro

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro

My Question or Issue

1. Go to favorite songs
  2. Sort by title
  3. Tried to delete a song which has the same name in two albums 
  4. Spotify deleted both instead of the one I pressed unlike

I had two songs in my favorites by David Guetta called Whos that chick and each favorited song was from an album (suppose the first belonged to album A and the second to album B) and then I tried to unlike the song from album A, the Windows 10 app ends up unliking both.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @hallak.

Thanks for providing us with those URIs.

We were able to reproduce this after all, however we have noticed that the issue is sporadic. We will make sure to reach out to our tech team so that they are aware of this.

In the meantime, we suggest that you unsave both versions of any duplicate albums you have, and then save the newest version to Your Library.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be right here.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @hallak, help's arrived. 

We tried to reproduce this with the same songs and couldn't find any issues, but we'd like to help you out. Does this happen with other tracks with the same name? Can you make sure they're really from different albums and send us more info and screenshots?

Keep us posted 🙂

Yes, it does happen with other tracks that have the same name. Kindly check the attached screenshots below. When I pressed the heart/X button the app removed both.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open windows 10 app
  2. Go to favorite songs
  3. Sort by title
  4. Find two songs with same name and artist but different albums
  5. Unlike one 

Both songs disappeared.

Screenshot.PNG

Hey @hallak.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've looked into this, and we weren't able to find the original version of the album Nothing But The Beat (as opposed to the Ultimate Edition).

We suspect that the original version might have been removed, or that it has somehow been merged with the Ultimate Edition, so that they now share the same URI.

Just to be sure, could you check the URIs of the individual songs and, if they're different, could you copy them in your reply?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hi @Peter

I was able to reproduce this on another set of songs. It seems that I cannot find the regular Nothing but the beat but I was able to reproduce this on other songs. I attached a screenshot of the two songs and here are the URIs:

spotify:track:3m7Fne4xA0bsKzEaWbNucr

spotify:track:4Tn2llBm1g0UlWctmgPL8Z

Screenshot.PNG

Hey @hallak.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We tried reproducing this on our end, but it seems to be working fine on 1.1.2 of the Spotify app for desktop.

Could you try a clean reinstall and then check that you're on the latest version of the app?

If you're still having trouble after that, let us know and we'll see what we can do next.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hello,

I've tried both versions of the Windows Store and spotify.com/download (for windows). I was able to reproduce this on the following songs:

.1.1.348.g9064793a (Windows Store version)
spotify:track:0aOluBqXYd0rFSCsgDyAWX
spotify:track:3dYD57lRAUcMHufyqn9GcI

1.1.1.348.g9064793a
spotify:track:4i8h3u4V4x7qaRspvrQQvD
spotify:track:2belg3BOprB4GRIeu3zsbn

Marked as solution

Hey @hallak.

Thanks for providing us with those URIs.

We were able to reproduce this after all, however we have noticed that the issue is sporadic. We will make sure to reach out to our tech team so that they are aware of this.

In the meantime, we suggest that you unsave both versions of any duplicate albums you have, and then save the newest version to Your Library.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be right here.

Suggested posts