Viewing Folders as Public

Solved!

Viewing Folders as Public

Plan - Premium

Country - US

Device - PC

Operating System - Win10 x64

My Question or Issue:

Are playlist folders meant to be visible when viewing the profile of a user that utilizes them?

I started sorting my playlists into folders and sub-folders recently, and the system works correctly when viewing my library in the typical way, in the app. But when I view the "Public Playlists" tab under my public profile, or use the Web Player, all playlists are listed individually as if the folder system is gone. I may have a humble 11 followers, but to them my playlists are now a jumbled mess- more difficult to sift through, instead of less as was intended. I've attached an image showing the issue on the left, and how my folders normally behave on the right.

Please let me know if this is bug, or yet to be implemented, or just how things are. Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

missing_function.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @ModularOtter and welcome to the Spotify Community!

I don't think this is a bug and I believe the folder system is designed for the owner of the playlists in order to address the playlists cascading on the left side of the screen. I understand your concern, it looks like a mess when somebody is searching for a playlist through your profile but unfortunately this is how the design is for now. You can post about this into the idea forums and if it catches enough attention it may get added as a feature to the app in the future.

Hope this helps, take care!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @ModularOtter and welcome to the Spotify Community!

I don't think this is a bug and I believe the folder system is designed for the owner of the playlists in order to address the playlists cascading on the left side of the screen. I understand your concern, it looks like a mess when somebody is searching for a playlist through your profile but unfortunately this is how the design is for now. You can post about this into the idea forums and if it catches enough attention it may get added as a feature to the app in the future.

Hope this helps, take care!

I also find this as a problem when sharing my profile with others.

If another user views your profile they should be able to view your playlists placed in the folders as you have intended. And they should be able to open the folders and view them as an individual user can.

Hey there @Schmills,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

As @Mantisentil mentioned, it's not possible at the moment to view your folders and their content when viewing the public profile of a user.

However, this has already been suggested here by other users as a change they'd like to see in the app. In this case, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback to that idea, as well as subscribing to that thread to stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on.

If you'd like more information on how ideas get implemented, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer

Hope this helps clarify things! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts