Volume keys not wokring

PlanPremium

Country

Device

DEll Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10,

My Question or Issue

My volume keys don't work when playing music through Spotify. I can toggle the windows volume or press the keys as much as I like with no result - until the volume hit's 0 in which case it mutes. The only way to change the volume is to enter the app and slide the in-app volume control toggle - very annoying. Is there a way to address this?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies

Hi @Mighael,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Just to make sure, does this happen only when you have the Spotify app active, or does it also happen when you're using a different media player? 

If this happens only with the Spotify app, we suggest you start by performing a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, please activate the following setting on the app: Settings > Display Options > Show desktop overlay when using media keys.

Hope this helps!

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

My android head unit didn't have a volume knob so I added a usb volume knob. I have this same issue but on android. My volume knob works when spotify is minimized but stops wprming when spotify is open. Do you know of a solution for me? Thanks

Im having the same issues, I reinstalled and put that setting on but none of the keys seem to work what so ever

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

What are the brand, model and exact operating system of the head units? What's the Spotify version installed on those devices? It's most probably related to the specific OS of the head unit, so we can't do much about it, but can surely check our knowledge bases for similar reports.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts