Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Only Plays Songs for 9 Seconds

Web Player Only Plays Songs for 9 Seconds

Plan: Premium

Device: HP Laptop ProBook

Operating System: Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify web player only plays songs for 9 seconds and then skips to the next. Or, it will rapidly skip songs before playing them. This is occurring on Chrome. I tried to use Firefox but I recieve an error that Firefox is installing components to play audio and video and to try again later. I tried to download the Spotify desktop app and it will not let me login via Facebook (error code 7). I am using my work laptop and am wondering if that has something to do with it as the app on my Android phone works fine. I just don't want to run down my phone battery all day playing music. I would prefer to use the web player. 

1 Reply

Hey @lostinmusic89, welcome to the Community 🙂

As you can't get the desktop client working either, I'd suggest ensuring that your antivirus or firewall are not interfering with Spotify.

I also recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer. This needs you to have administrator rights.

Note: if you don't see any Spotify entries, try looking for a line that says googletagmanager or googletagservice in its address. If you're unsure whether to remove, just add a # in front of the line and it will be a comment.:)

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts